Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Elliott.T123
    • By Elliott.T123 16th May 18, 1:17 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Elliott.T123
    0 WOW
    Multi Flight Advice
    • 16th May 18, 1:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Multi Flight Advice 16th May 18 at 1:17 PM
    I am looking to plan a trip that involves a minimum of 5 international flights (Honeymoon trip, doing safari and then beach holiday).

I have spoken with Flight Centre and also looked on Sky Scanner but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations (or warnings) for places I should look/avoid.

Thanks
Page 1
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 16th May 18, 2:16 PM
    • 3,145 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 16th May 18, 2:16 PM
    • 16th May 18, 2:16 PM
    As a rule of thumb, book your flights directly from the airline. You might not need all flights on the same ticket, depending on how you're travelling. If you post your scheduled itineary it would be easier to give concrete advice.
    • Elliott.T123
    • By Elliott.T123 16th May 18, 2:43 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Elliott.T123
    • 16th May 18, 2:43 PM
    • 16th May 18, 2:43 PM
    I know the flights are probably slightly too far in advance currently as most airlines are only just releasing them but I am currently working a notice period before starting a new job in June so have a little more time on my hands to plan things.

The itineary is:

London (Any airport) to Johannesburg (1st May)
    Johannesburg to Maun (Botswana) (2nd May)
    Victoria Falls to Jo'berg (10th May)
    Jo'berg to Maldives (11th May)
    Maldives to London (19th May)
    • richardw
    • By richardw 16th May 18, 3:44 PM
    • 18,577 Posts
    • 7,695 Thanks
    richardw
    • 16th May 18, 3:44 PM
    • 16th May 18, 3:44 PM
    BA can do a lot of these flights with their partner in SA Comair.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 16th May 18, 3:53 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    stevie11
    • 16th May 18, 3:53 PM
    • 16th May 18, 3:53 PM
    As you say flight details are not yet out for those dates even doing a dummy booking on google flights in April 2019 prices are over 2k each. I know you can't really compare as prices can vary.

You will have more protection if you purchase all flights on one ticket and I would also suggest booking with the airline rather than an ota.

Have you considered a round the world ticket as they can often work out cheaper? There will be t&cs associated with a rtw ticket so check carefully.
    • Elliott.T123
    • By Elliott.T123 16th May 18, 3:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Elliott.T123
    • 16th May 18, 3:54 PM
    • 16th May 18, 3:54 PM
    Thanks guy, will do a bit of research into BA routes and the RTW option.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,106Posts Today

5,930Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin