Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • supertrin
    • By supertrin 16th May 18, 12:43 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    supertrin
    Traffic offence Report /Fixed Penalty Notice
    • 16th May 18, 12:43 PM
    Traffic offence Report /Fixed Penalty Notice 16th May 18 at 12:43 PM
    I am after some advice, I understand I was in the wrong so not hear for a lecture!
    I was stopped on 16th April by police and given a traffic offence report, hand written and took all my details down.
    A month has now passed and I've heard nothing.
    Rang 101 and they said there was nothing on system against my car or my name and advised it may have just been "cancelled".
    I then rang the ticket number 01274 373744 and they also had nothing on system but stated they would contact the officer.
    Is there a particular time frame in which a FPN has to be issued? My understanding was it needed to be within 28 days (but usually comes in 14 days). Or is it just you have to wait until they serve/process it?
    Worried that it is just open and I do not know if it will go any further? How long do I have to wait?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 18,344 Posts
    • 29,028 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 16th May 18, 12:51 PM
    No lecture, just some signposting to a more appropriate forum.

As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for traffic offences. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=5

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the police (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

HTH
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,654Posts Today

8,612Users online

Martin's Twitter