Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Clh
    • By Clh 16th May 18, 12:18 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Clh
    Remortgage a buy to let
    • 16th May 18, 12:18 PM
    Remortgage a buy to let 16th May 18 at 12:18 PM
    Hi, we have a house that we have rented out for over 2 years. As we were living abroad when we bought the house we took out an expat buy to let mortgage.
    We now want to change the mortgage to a regular buy to let and possibly take out some equity.
    Can anyone recommend a good company to look at with regard to fees as well as rates. We have received a qoute from Barclays Bank, but think there must be better options out there.
    Thanks so much.
Page 1
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 16th May 18, 4:56 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    • 16th May 18, 4:56 PM
    • 16th May 18, 4:56 PM
    You will have to speak to a good broker on that one.
    • Mjackso1
    • By Mjackso1 17th May 18, 8:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mjackso1
    • 17th May 18, 8:47 AM
    • 17th May 18, 8:47 AM
    Hi CLH, there is a really good mortgage broker that searches the whole market in the in terms of fees, best mortgage rates and lenders, give them a try Rivergate Finance Ltd In Glasgow
    • YHM
    • By YHM 17th May 18, 9:32 AM
    • 545 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    YHM
    • 17th May 18, 9:32 AM
    • 17th May 18, 9:32 AM
    Hi CLH. I assume you are no longer an expatriate now and are residing in the UK. If so, then yes, there will be plenty of options available to you, but you need to receive advice from a qualified broker / adviser to assess which lender will be best for you.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,892Posts Today

6,351Users online

Martin's Twitter