Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Barking Dogs
    • By Barking Dogs 16th May 18, 10:58 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Barking Dogs
    0 WOW
    Ripped Off on AirBnB
    • 16th May 18, 10:58 AM
    0 WOW
    Ripped Off on AirBnB 16th May 18 at 10:58 AM
    Before I begin, just want to say that I've had a very stressful couple of days at work and didn't do the due diligence in thoroughly checking the reviews of this property but I am where I am (furthermore my experiences of AirBnB so far have been positive so I was getting a bit blase).....

The place was filthy, despite having paid a cleaning charge - unflushed toilet, beard trimmings all over the sink, dirty cutlery in the sink, stank of smoke.

The guy was obviously living there and had just vacated the flat in a hurry before my arrival without tidying up and cleaning.

Anyway, I took photos, cancelled immediately and asked for a refund. The guy has vanished off the face of the earth. I also immediately kicked off the AirBnB resolution process and spoke to somebody at AirBnB support centre who was helpful and said the issue should be resolved but he also couldn't get hold of the host.

Basically, I want my money back and I just can't believe people can get away with this & are apparently being aided and abetted by AirBnB. I paid 200 for the 2 nights (by debit card, another mistake).

I was going to post a link to the ad on airbnb & also links to the pics I took but it says I'm a new user (been here over 1 year?) and am not permitted to post links.

Anyway, it's the first result when Googling "New modern lux one bedroom apt in heart of Reading airbnb"

Would love to hear from anyone who can suggest a positive way forward. I've got a lot of things going on in life at the moment & I really could do without this right now!
Page 1
    • martindow
    • By martindow 16th May 18, 11:10 AM
    • 7,835 Posts
    • 4,499 Thanks
    martindow
    • 16th May 18, 11:10 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:10 AM
    This one?

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/24870586

No that it's overseas!
    • Barking Dogs
    • By Barking Dogs 16th May 18, 11:13 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Barking Dogs
    • 16th May 18, 11:13 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:13 AM
    Yes, that one.

Not overseas but this seems to be the subforum with most posts about Airbnb related issues.!

Mods - any chance of moving this to a more appropriate forum, whatever that might be?
    Last edited by Barking Dogs; 16-05-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 16th May 18, 11:57 AM
    • 1,576 Posts
    • 1,157 Thanks
    Westin
    • 16th May 18, 11:57 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:57 AM
    This one?

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/24870586

No that it's overseas!
    Originally posted by martindow
    Seems the listing has been taken down.
    • Barking Dogs
    • By Barking Dogs 16th May 18, 12:25 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Barking Dogs
    • 16th May 18, 12:25 PM
    • 16th May 18, 12:25 PM
    Seems the listing has been taken down.
    Originally posted by Westin
    Yes, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

Have called and messaged AirBnB several times but basically I'm getting stonewalled with the old I'm sorry sir, I can't give you any update but we are doing everything within our power to resolve this issue...

The little scrote's profile is still up though. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/users/show/26976480

I really should have read those reviews more thoroughly....
    • Westin
    • By Westin 16th May 18, 1:17 PM
    • 1,576 Posts
    • 1,157 Thanks
    Westin
    • 16th May 18, 1:17 PM
    • 16th May 18, 1:17 PM
    Hopefully a good thing. Might be that AirBNB are on to things and have taken down his listing whilst investigating.

Hope you get things sorted.
    • Barking Dogs
    • By Barking Dogs 21st May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Barking Dogs
    • 21st May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 21st May 18, 8:49 AM
    All resolved. See here
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,579Posts Today

9,939Users online

Martin's Twitter