Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Terrilou87
    • By Terrilou87 16th May 18, 10:21 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Terrilou87
    Please help
    • 16th May 18, 10:21 AM
    Please help 16th May 18 at 10:21 AM
    I'm a single mum working full time and helping to care for my father, I'm now at a stage in my life I would like to buy my first home for me and my daughter, I. Not in any debt I pay all bills on time but I have two defaults on my credit file which was from years ago and its holding me back from the lenders I have 10% deposit is there any other options for me Im new to all this and my credit score is 580 and only shows 1 negative result
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 16th May 18, 10:24 AM
    • 34,472 Posts
    • 18,716 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 16th May 18, 10:24 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:24 AM
    Your credit score is irrelevant. Ignore it.

What are the registration dates of the defaults and the amounts?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Terrilou87
    • By Terrilou87 16th May 18, 10:58 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Terrilou87
    • 16th May 18, 10:58 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:58 AM
    One says 2011 and the other is 2013 still shows up on every check but I've no debt or any credit applications
    • Terrilou87
    • By Terrilou87 16th May 18, 10:59 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Terrilou87
    • 16th May 18, 10:59 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:59 AM
    One is for 157 the other is 600 which I didn't use but because it was in my name I don't have any argument
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 16th May 18, 11:01 AM
    • 34,472 Posts
    • 18,716 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 16th May 18, 11:01 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:01 AM
    2011 should have fallen off your credit history in 2017 when it reached six years from registration. Is there any reason why it is still visible?

The 2013 default will remain visible until 2019. How much is the default for?

Are you looking at recent copies of your credit files? You need to check all three regularly.

Which lender did you apply to?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Terrilou87
    • By Terrilou87 16th May 18, 11:03 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Terrilou87
    • 16th May 18, 11:03 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:03 AM
    I checked my report this morning still showing apparently the 2011 will come off in August very frustrating when I know I can afford the mortgage, I went with Natwest
    • YHM
    • By YHM 17th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 593 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    YHM
    • 17th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 17th May 18, 9:37 AM
    I assume Natwest declined the application? There are options out there for you, but you will need to find a good broker that understands impaired / adverse credit applications, to truly ensure you are ending up with a suitable lender.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,022Posts Today

8,497Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Follow Martin