Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • memoryboy
    • By memoryboy 16th May 18, 9:51 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    memoryboy
    Highview Parking fine wrong address
    • 16th May 18, 9:51 AM
    Highview Parking fine wrong address 16th May 18 at 9:51 AM
    Hi. I moved house last September from rented accommodation to a house we bought. I went to collect my mail and among it was a fine from Highview parking for parking in the Gym car park on Sunday 4th Feb 2018. There was also a reminder and finally a letter from a debt recovery company for 150. I've had a look through previous threads and what makes my case different is that they don't know my new address. Should I ignore them or use the template appeal letter against them? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by memoryboy; 16-05-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th May 18, 9:59 AM
    • 3,428 Posts
    • 2,391 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 16th May 18, 9:59 AM
    • 16th May 18, 9:59 AM
    1. Read the Newbies sticky for best advice
    2. Make sure you have updated DVLA with address change on Licence and registration document (the so-called log-book)
    3. Inform the PPC of your address for service. If you don't there is a chance that court papers will be served at your old address, you won't know about it and get a default judgement (CCJ).
    4. Check out that the parking is FREE on Sunday, don't just be "pretty sure"
    5. Remove any hint as to who was driving from your OP. The driver parked, the keeper received the invoice - it's not a fine!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 16th May 18, 10:02 AM
    • 3,369 Posts
    • 5,177 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 16th May 18, 10:02 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:02 AM
    Luckily this is Highview if they took this to court you would be in an exclusive club of one!
    • memoryboy
    • By memoryboy 16th May 18, 10:08 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    memoryboy
    • 16th May 18, 10:08 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:08 AM
    Forgot to say the first letter said that it was incurred on 04/02/2018 which is a Sunday. I don't seem to have recived a first letter just a reminder that 85 is now due dated 01/03/2018 then another dated 19/03/2018 for 125 then a debt recovery letter dated 17/04/2018 for 150.

Thanks for looking!
    • memoryboy
    • By memoryboy 16th May 18, 10:44 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    memoryboy
    • 16th May 18, 10:44 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:44 AM
    2. Make sure you have updated DVLA with address change on Licence and registration document (the so-called log-book)
    3. Inform the PPC of your address for service. If you don't there is a chance that court papers will be served at your old address, you won't know about it and get a default judgement (CCJ).
    5. Remove any hint as to who was driving from your OP. The driver parked, the keeper received the invoice - it's not a fine!
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Thanks so much! I've updated my address with dvla and removed bit's from op. Will go to car park this arvo and check it is free Sunday's. What's ppc?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th May 18, 10:47 AM
    • 20,734 Posts
    • 32,660 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th May 18, 10:47 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:47 AM
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Thanks so much! I've updated my address with dvla and removed bit's from op. Will go to car park this arvo and check it is free Sunday's. What's ppc?
    Originally posted by memoryboy
    Post #5 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky covers the main acronyms used on the forum. PPC is probably the most used = Private Parking Company.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • memoryboy
    • By memoryboy 16th May 18, 10:53 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    memoryboy
    • 16th May 18, 10:53 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:53 AM
    Thanks so much. I'll go back and read the FAQ properly. I'm a slow reader/ writer and I have to go over and over things before I get it so not the brightest bulb on the shelf!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

1,425Users online

Martin's Twitter