Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 16th May 18, 9:23 AM
    • 1,385Posts
    • 198Thanks
    littlerock
    Need effective fox deterrent for vegetable patch
    • 16th May 18, 9:23 AM
    Need effective fox deterrent for vegetable patch 16th May 18 at 9:23 AM
    I have a small town garden and this year decided to put a smaller vegetable patch against the one sunny wall. Last week I planted out a small red pepper plant (tied to a stake) against the wall, and a row of spring onions and radishes.

On going into the garden this morning, I found a huge fox pooh, deposited on the twine connecting the pepper plant to the stake, and over its leaves. Also several more liberally scattered all over my newly planted lines of spring onions and radishes. I assume they are from the foxes living in next doors overgrown garden. (I already mentioned they are causing a problem to the neighbours who are very elderly, and they just shrugged.)

So I urgently need a vegetable safe fox deterrent to put on my vegetable patch. Can anyone recommend one from the various products out there? (As before it is a town garden with very limited space and there is really no where else to grow vegetables. I just want to discourage the foxes from using the patch as a toilet.)
Page 1
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 16th May 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1,385 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 16th May 18, 9:41 AM
    • 16th May 18, 9:41 AM
    Has anyone used SCOOT? Does it work?
    • unrecordings
    • By unrecordings 16th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    unrecordings
    • 16th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:32 AM
    Sticks, or more specifically canes for cats/foxes/badgers.
    Stout canes round the border, smaller canes in the middle if you're running out of good ones. On the upper right you can see I'm also using a cheap trellis, this is also very effective (if it fits in with what you're trying to protect)

• LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 16th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 3,147 Posts
    • 3,251 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 16th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:28 AM
    I am told that make urine is a very effective deterrent.
    • ljonski
    • By ljonski 16th May 18, 1:14 PM
    • 3,229 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    ljonski
    • 16th May 18, 1:14 PM
    • 16th May 18, 1:14 PM
    only male urine!
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then itís the state thatís become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
    • mumf
    • By mumf 16th May 18, 5:14 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 556 Thanks
    mumf
    • 16th May 18, 5:14 PM
    • 16th May 18, 5:14 PM
    Has anyone used SCOOT? Does it work?
    Originally posted by littlerock
    It replaced Renardine,which sadly,is now illegal. That stuff worked! Anyhow,it's reckoned the Scoot alternative is quite effective. https://foxrepellentexpert.com/renardine/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,360Posts Today

7,714Users online

Martin's Twitter