Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChelP
    • By ChelP 16th May 18, 9:20 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ChelP
    ParkingEye Fine
    • 16th May 18, 9:20 AM
    ParkingEye Fine 16th May 18 at 9:20 AM
    Hello!
    So I was parked obviously in a car park that was free stay for 40 minutes and I was there for 50.
    I received a Parking Charge Notice Reminder through the post.
    I don't have any reason to appeal, I knew I was parked there longer than 40 Mins.. I'm just wondering if I have to pay the fine as quite frankly I just can't afford to pay it nor do I want to pay It..
    Its not a Council Fine or a Police Fine.. its just a private ParkingEye company..

Any thoughts?
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th May 18, 9:36 AM
    • 3,363 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 16th May 18, 9:36 AM
    • 16th May 18, 9:36 AM
    Got to the Newbies sticky and read up on the advice there. One click back and two posts down. You MIGHT have some success with Grace Periods.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 37,945 Posts
    • 22,058 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 16th May 18, 9:37 AM
    It isn't a fine!

Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • Castle
    • By Castle 16th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 2,011 Posts
    • 2,716 Thanks
    Castle
    • 16th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 16th May 18, 9:55 AM
    And read up on "Grace periods".
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 18, 12:26 AM
    • 64,041 Posts
    • 76,667 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 18, 12:26 AM
    • 17th May 18, 12:26 AM
    Hello!
    So I was parked obviously in a car park that was free stay for 40 minutes and I was there for 50.
    I received a Parking Charge Notice Reminder through the post.
    I don't have any reason to appeal, I knew I was parked there longer than 40 Mins.. I'm just wondering if I have to pay the fine as quite frankly I just can't afford to pay it nor do I want to pay It..
    Its not a Council Fine or a Police Fine.. its just a private ParkingEye company..

Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by ChelP
    I'm trying to understand how so many people post without reading (or appearing to read):

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST (sticky thread up near the top of the forum)

Is it due to accessing the forum on your phone? What else can we do to make sure people read the sticky (at the top) thread first?

The appeal is there. No posts tell you to pay, so please read the advice. No need for any threads asking how to appeal or 'do I pay?'.

Come back at POPLA stage - after reading other PE POPLA threads, of course. Easy enough but we can't keep repeating the same thing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 17th May 18, 4:52 AM
    • 10,665 Posts
    • 10,042 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 17th May 18, 4:52 AM
    • 17th May 18, 4:52 AM
    I'm trying to understand how so many people post without reading (or appearing to read):

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST (sticky thread up near the top of the forum)

Is it due to accessing the forum on your phone? What else can we do to make sure people read the sticky (at the top) thread first?

The appeal is there. No posts tell you to pay, so please read the advice. No need for any threads asking how to appeal or 'do I pay?'.

Come back at POPLA stage - after reading other PE POPLA threads, of course. Easy enough but we can't keep repeating the same thing.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Worse than that. The opening post has scant information and actually asks
    "I received a Parking Charge Notice Reminder through the post.

Any thoughts?"
    As you say, OP hasn't read NEWBIES post, but as this is a Parking Eye charge, OP can not be bothered to look at any page on this forum as every page is littered with Parking Eye threads.

I seriously wonder if this is a genuine post or a wind up, but as OP hasn't done even the basic research, I am out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,248Posts Today

7,473Users online

Martin's Twitter