Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BazzerPontefract
    • By BazzerPontefract 15th May 18, 10:38 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 4Thanks
    BazzerPontefract
    Energy Prices for Gas and Electricity.
    • 15th May 18, 10:38 PM
    Energy Prices for Gas and Electricity. 15th May 18 at 10:38 PM
    Just had a bit of a shock.
    I'm on a fix with Sainsburys (BG badged product - dual fuel) and last year and the previous year I paid about the 1150 mark.
    I come to renew and they are asking 1550 and BG are asking something similar.
    I go to the rest of the big six and using the standing charges and fuel tariffs provide they still kick in about 1260 mark with the best being the co-op (noted by this site) at 1215.
    Have I been lucky for the previous years with exceptionally good fixed price deals, or has something happened in the energy market which has put the fixed prices up by well in excess of 10%

I can do the maths so don't have a go at me on that score.
    Last edited by BazzerPontefract; 16-05-2018 at 7:45 AM.
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 16th May 18, 9:05 AM
    • 27,324 Posts
    • 13,376 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 16th May 18, 9:05 AM
    • 16th May 18, 9:05 AM
    1150 to 1550 is way more than 10% - I make it 34.7%. Generally prices have not risen by anything like that much.

Is the 1550 'quote' for the same consumption?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,288Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin