Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HollySeeker
    • By HollySeeker 15th May 18, 10:15 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    HollySeeker
    Potential Parking Charge Notice
    • 15th May 18, 10:15 PM
    Potential Parking Charge Notice 15th May 18 at 10:15 PM
    Hello,

I am hoping someone may have some words of wisdom. I have spent some time reading through other threads and its making me feel quite anxious.

So basically, on bank holiday Monday I parked at a cinema car park. The car park is located at a beach and it was a very hot and sunny day. It is advertised as a pay and display car park (1 all day or free if you go to the cinema to see a film and register your car). I found a space and headed to the pay and display machines and they were taped up. The cinema had decided that because it was sunny that the car park was only for use for cinema goers. Even though Signage still stated it was pay and display. As such, I was unable to purchase a ticket. I was unable to park anywhere else (after trying numerous council car parks) and I am disabled and can't park too far away from where I need to go.

I noticed that some cars had tickets and others did not; which leads me to believe that the cinema had decided to change their rules halfway through the day after realising how busy it was.

I haven't received a parking charge notice as of yet; however I am anticipating this to happen very soon. I would appreciate any advice anyone could offer me.

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 18, 11:03 PM
    • 57,498 Posts
    • 71,089 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th May 18, 11:03 PM
    • 15th May 18, 11:03 PM
    Which PPC infests the site?

If you don't know, come back if a PCN arrives. Read the NEWBIES FAQS in readiness.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

539Posts Today

5,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin