Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Florry21
    • By Florry21 15th May 18, 9:52 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Florry21
    PCN from Premier Park
    • 15th May 18, 9:52 PM
    PCN from Premier Park 15th May 18 at 9:52 PM
    Hi, newbie here. I have today received a PCN as the registered keeper from Premier Park stating that 'your vehicle was parked in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge at Lordsmill Street Retail Park, Chesterfield ...... on 5th May 2018 at 09:22' The two photographs only show the front windscreen and the photo from the rear shows the car parked within the white lines. Parking is limited to 2 hours (I think). Vehicle was not parked in a Disabled or Child bay. Parking terms are not clearly visible - small notices affixed to post 10foot plus in the air, wording is small. The driver arrived at 09.15 and left the car park by 10.45. The driver also made purchases as one of the retail outlets. My question is why have Premier Park not stated a valid reason - time limit, incorrectly parked in disabled bay, etc. Does the driver or for that matter the keeper of the vehicle have grounds to appeal
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th May 18, 9:58 PM
    • 8,062 Posts
    • 7,920 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 15th May 18, 9:58 PM
    • 15th May 18, 9:58 PM
    Hi Florry, welcome to the forums.

You'll have to ask Premier Park for the answer to your first question, but meanwhile you should read post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread - ah, I see you've already found it.

In there you will find a template appeal. Send that to Premier Park.
    No need to change it or add anything to it. Just send it as it is. Send it as the keeper. Never tell anyone, not even on here, who the driver was.

Alongside that appeal you should also complain to the retailer.
    Explain to them how good a customer the driver is, show receipts, and that you and your family and friends are now considering shopping elsewhere as parking is so expensive. Be polite but assertive.
    Last edited by KeithP; 15-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 18, 10:52 PM
    • 59,465 Posts
    • 72,641 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th May 18, 10:52 PM
    • 15th May 18, 10:52 PM
    My question is why have Premier Park not stated a valid reason - time limit, incorrectly parked in disabled bay, etc.
    Because they operate a 'copy & paste' PCN model, and PPCs do not give a flying fig about consumers or actually providing a service, customer service ethics, etc.

KeithP doesn't literally mean you ask PP anything. No phoning them up!

I assume you have read the NEWBIES thread now.

No need for these 'how do I appeal?' threads at all, and we don't have time to keep restating what's in the sticky thread.

Come back at POPLA stage, after reading lots of other PP POPLA threads first.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,863Posts Today

7,849Users online

Martin's Twitter