Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pippinh
    • By pippinh 15th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    pippinh
    House listed for sale - Owner not signed anything to agree this
    • 15th May 18, 8:06 PM
    House listed for sale - Owner not signed anything to agree this 15th May 18 at 8:06 PM
    Hi all here is my original question - on behalf of a friend who is having a horrendous time.

PS - apologies to those I offended for trying to delete the post originally??!!!

Hi a friend of mine has a home and her ex hub has thrown her out recently, changing the locks and not allowing her entrance into her home (the ex is not the homeowner and is not listed on the deeds)

Today my friend was shocked to discover the family home has now been listed for sale via a local EA.

My obvious question is - is he allowed to do this? Surely the EA would require documents to be signed by the actual owner of the home?
    Last edited by pippinh; 16-05-2018 at 8:06 PM. Reason: question answered
Page 2
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 16th May 18, 8:36 AM
    • 9,364 Posts
    • 10,318 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    Pippinh maybe you don't realise but its regarded as a Very Bad Thing on all Internet forums, not just this one, to remove your post just because the questions been answered. Because someone else with the same question ina few weeks or months time won't be able to find this question, and benefit from the answers
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 16th May 18, 9:06 AM
    • 24,259 Posts
    • 51,243 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    Pippinh maybe you don't realise but its regarded as a Very Bad Thing on all Internet forums, not just this one, to remove your post just because the questions been answered. Because someone else with the same question ina few weeks or months time won't be able to find this question, and benefit from the answers
    Originally posted by AnotherJoe
    They registered yesterday, asked the question, got an answer, deleted the post, and immediately logged out.

I doubt we will see them again.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 16th May 18, 9:17 AM
    • 17,356 Posts
    • 15,700 Thanks
    AdrianC
    All very well for those as clever as you, davidmcn, who know what that is and how to do it. Unfortunately, I do not number among such () but thank you.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    The simplest way is to google for site:moneysavingexpert.com "<significant part of thread title>" - the first bit of that restricts results to this site. Then, when you find the thread you're after in the results, click the green drop-down arrow next to the URL, and select "cached".
    • pippinh
    • By pippinh 16th May 18, 8:02 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    pippinh
    sorry guys I was unable to delete the thread - my friend actually asked me to try and delete it, she's a bit terrified over the who situ! I will edit it again to show the original post !
    • pippinh
    • By pippinh 16th May 18, 8:04 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    pippinh
    I said thanks and edited the main post because I was unable to delete the post entirely. Just looking at the comments now - blimey Charlie I've offended people??? What the.....
    Last edited by pippinh; 16-05-2018 at 8:09 PM.
    • pippinh
    • By pippinh 16th May 18, 8:08 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    pippinh
    Hi LandyAndy - I'm still here - I've been at work today sorry about that!

I've also re-edited the post to show the original text. I always feel bad if I think I have offended people but your words have baffled me - we won't be seeing them again?

I won't say anymore. Thanks to all who originally provided advice for me to pass on to my pal x
    • elsien
    • By elsien 16th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 16,360 Posts
    • 41,319 Thanks
    elsien
    If you want the whole thread deleted because your friend is concerned about her privacy then contact the forum team. They have the option of deleting if the reason is valid.

Just for info, there's a bit of a history of new posters popping up and then deleting. Some seem to be making up scenarios for their own purpose, and others strop off out when they don't get the answers they want to hear. You seem to have inadvertently triggered people's scepticism due to this - don't take it personally.
    Last edited by elsien; 16-05-2018 at 8:34 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • pippinh
    • By pippinh 16th May 18, 8:43 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    pippinh
    Thanks Elsien - had a killer of a day at work and had tea, sat down, logged on and I admittedly felt shocked haha - I should have read the rules BEFORE posting!

I've re-edited the original post now so hopefully people may find the advice people have given useful, in future xx
    • dunroving
    • By dunroving 17th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 800 Thanks
    dunroving
    I said thanks and edited the main post because I was unable to delete the post entirely. Just looking at the comments now - blimey Charlie I've offended people??? What the.....
    Originally posted by pippinh
    Good on you for reinstating the original post. As others have said, it can be quite miffing when threads, or parts of threads, are deleted after people have given of their free time to provide helpful answers and advice. As someone pointed out, the advice is also helpful for other people who search the forum at a later date, not just for the OP.

You/your friend should be careful about putting any identifying information on public forums. From re-reading the thread contents, I don't think there is any danger of that in this thread (i.e., you haven't given any details that would link back to your friend, and she won't be the only person in the country who is in this position).

Stick around - this forum is a good place for advice and information, once you have figured out how it all works!
    (Nearly) dunroving
    • pippinh
    • By pippinh 17th May 18, 9:25 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    pippinh
    Cheers Dunroving xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,313Posts Today

6,065Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin