Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grumpygardener
    • By grumpygardener 15th May 18, 6:46 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 6Thanks
    grumpygardener
    Doesn't Yodel care?
    • 15th May 18, 6:46 PM
    Doesn't Yodel care? 15th May 18 at 6:46 PM
    In March I had my first deliveries of mini plant plugs from Jersey. Up to now, every year the plants have been OK. This year, despite prominent print that the contents were plants, Yodel stifled yawns as they delayed delivery to 5 or 6 days. Yesterday I had delivery of replacement plants which took 7 days. Don't Yodel care? Plants are living things, even though, despite Yodel's best efforts, they looked OK, they were stressed - roots turning brown, taking a lot of TLC to get them to grow and flower. Grrrrr.
Page 2
    • angharad
    • By angharad 25th May 18, 8:43 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    angharad
    It would take alot of people to do that and I cant see it happening.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    I would vote with my feet and wallet to get a decent service from a reliable and responsible courier company, even if I had to pay a bit more.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 25th May 18, 9:05 PM
    • 34,104 Posts
    • 28,991 Thanks
    custardy
    Hi I've had the unfortunate experience to be at the mercy of several differnt courier firms over the past few months. All have been degrees of rubbish.

The worst one was a non-delivery, no card left. I sat here from 7 a.m. waiting for the knock that never came. The company said that the driver had tried to deliver. Strange, I said, hold on, I'll look at my CCTV. What do you know, no van, no driver, no delivery attempted but loads of lies. I challenged them. They didn't reply.

The latest fiasco was yesterday, where a 20 litre vat of oil was left at my local One Stop Shop for me to collect. (Stroke and all).

I am moving away from buying online, other than groceries.
    Originally posted by angharad
    Where did you ask for the oil to go?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 25th May 18, 9:11 PM
    • 32,775 Posts
    • 20,646 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Well I must get ok Yodel drivers round here, had a parcel dropped of yesterday by what I can only guess was a self employed courier (driving own car with a passenger in) just like Hermes do.
    • PDC
    • By PDC 9th Aug 18, 9:04 PM
    • 516 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    PDC
    I'm sure it does depend on your driver partly but in general their system does seem very slow.

I ordered something from a retailer last Wednesday, had a despatch email on Thursday, it was in Yodels System on Friday, didn't go anywhere over the weekend then shuffled from Sort Centre to Transit to Sort Centre to Transit arriving at my local depot today. Had an email to say it would be delivered today though tracking never had it 'out for delivery' at all. Luckily I was home all day and checked in on the tracking every now and then. No updates until 5pm when a message appeared saying 'Sorry we missed you. We've left you a calling card' dated 1pm. No card here and I was working in the garden most of the afternoon so am pretty sure no delivery was attempted.

Contacted their support, more as I found the fake tracking update more irritating than I would if they just didn't deliver it. Customer Service said perhaps they had got the wrong address with the card - But that as they could see the parcel in the system and that deliveries were being made until 9pm so they would get it delivered today. Then an email followed stating it would be delivered by 9pm today... you can no doubt guess what happened, or didn't happen.

I wouldn't normally mind but this was an item required for tomorrow - I had thought ordering it a week before would be fine but not with Yodel it seems.

I'll certainly be emailing the retailer with some feedback about this, more so as they charge 4 for this service - I'd also ordered something else from one of their competitors, that arrived via dpd in two days and the shipping was free on that one.

Well, just wanted to vent really so thats done. Its not so much being not very good at the job they are supposed to do that bothers me, its more the fake tracking issue that annoys me.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 9th Aug 18, 9:46 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    beardiedog
    They've done the fake tracking on me on several occasions, very annoying. Terrible company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,605Posts Today

8,757Users online

Martin's Twitter