Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • silviu85
    • By silviu85 15th May 18, 6:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    silviu85
    Customer asks and gets a 3000 chargeback!
    • 15th May 18, 6:07 PM
    Customer asks and gets a 3000 chargeback! 15th May 18 at 6:07 PM
    So here is the deal:i own a small car garage.
    I have done in november an engine rebuild on an audi.
    The engine was totally scrap so we had to build it from scratch.Today i was looking thru my accounts and noticed that our card machine provider has charged our account with 3000!
    Rang and asked and they have said that a customer has requested a chargeback from his bank and mentioned "product not as described" and we have 2 days to challange this,meanwhile he will get a refund.
    Is this even legal???The guy came in,test drove the car,paid by card and left happy.How can i even dispute that?This was 6 months ago and he test drove the car,paid and left happy in the car that came here on a recovery truck!!!I have tried to contact him but when he heard my voice he switched off the phone.
    What can i do next?
    Thank you guys
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th May 18, 6:08 PM
    • 17,636 Posts
    • 18,780 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th May 18, 6:08 PM
    • 15th May 18, 6:08 PM
    You dispute it with the card provider.
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 15th May 18, 6:14 PM
    • 588 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    18cc
    • 15th May 18, 6:14 PM
    • 15th May 18, 6:14 PM
    Yes disputed it with the card provider if the charge back still remains then obviously you just sue the customer in the small claims court
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 15th May 18, 7:06 PM
    • 4,377 Posts
    • 1,612 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 15th May 18, 7:06 PM
    • 15th May 18, 7:06 PM
    Give them all details they ask for including reg number etc and let them sort out, if they then dont find in your favour take it to small claims court.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 15th May 18, 9:03 PM
    • 20,446 Posts
    • 16,233 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 15th May 18, 9:03 PM
    • 15th May 18, 9:03 PM
    Of course it's legal, the bank wouldn't have done it otherwise. As a business accepting card payments you should have made yourself aware of the conditions when a chargeback can be attempted. Your customer has obviously made a good enough case to convince their bank to accept the request, you now need to provide the evidence that the request should be rejected and the chargeback reversed.
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 15th May 18, 10:00 PM
    • 15,292 Posts
    • 13,809 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    • 15th May 18, 10:00 PM
    • 15th May 18, 10:00 PM
    "product not as described" - he didn't pay for a product, it was a service he was paying for.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

89Posts Today

1,666Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bbcthehour: "Mental health and debt is a marriage made in hell" @MartinSLewis told the Senedd when people are more vulnerable they're m?

• RT @justindeaville: @MartinSLewis I looked it up when we last went. It's ball speed. And it's about O.3 seconds to cross the court. @Martin?

• Amazing how empty the #Wimbledon court is for the mixed doubles even though there's a Brit playing. The bars outside are rammed though

• Follow Martin