Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 15th May 18, 4:30 PM
    • 3,611Posts
    • 5,393Thanks
    bouicca21
    Mending a leather jacket
    • 15th May 18, 4:30 PM
    Mending a leather jacket 15th May 18 at 4:30 PM
    Not sure whether this is the right board but here goe

I caught the sleeve of my jacket on some barbed wire. Now it has a hole. !!!128545;!!!128546;

Any ideas on how best to mend it?
Page 1
    • jackyann
    • By jackyann 16th May 18, 12:00 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 7,901 Thanks
    jackyann
    • 16th May 18, 12:00 PM
    • 16th May 18, 12:00 PM
    Can't do a link at present, but search for Eton Leather Repair. They will talk to you on the phone and give you an idea of how well they could do it and cost.
    However, you can never repair leather well, so a lot depends on where it is and how good the jacket is. I would consider mending from the inside, by unpicking the sleeve lining, putting some strong adhesive tape over the tear, and sewing up the lining. It probably won't notice too much.
    And you have my sympathy! I too have ruined a good leather coat by tearing it!
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 16th May 18, 8:49 PM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    bouicca21
    • 16th May 18, 8:49 PM
    • 16th May 18, 8:49 PM
    Thanks. That's more or less the only way I could see to do it. It's on the sleeve so maybe won't look too awful. It's not only a current favourite but practical and, sadly, practically new.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,967Posts Today

6,885Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin