Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skooldaze
    • By skooldaze 15th May 18, 4:19 PM
    • 103Posts
    • 20Thanks
    skooldaze
    Delivery Missing
    • 15th May 18, 4:19 PM
    Delivery Missing 15th May 18 at 4:19 PM
    Hi guys

I ordered a jacket from a company last month.

I received a text from the courier to say it was being delivered on the date requested.

When I got home, I couldn't find the parcel (checked bins, sheds, neighbours etc) so contacted the company. They stated it had been delivered which i confirmed it hadn't

They spoke with the courier and they said it was signed and the signature matches previous ones at that address. I saw a copy of the signature and it's just a squiggle. Nobody else lives at my house and I was at work at the time.

After back and forth, the company are saying that their courier says it's delivered so they are sticking to that. My defense is that it's not my signature and I wasn't around (no card through the door either).

I'm obviously not very happy but anyone have any advice on what to do next as the jacket was a few hundred pounds.
Page 1
    • skooldaze
    • By skooldaze 16th May 18, 11:56 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    skooldaze
    • 16th May 18, 11:56 AM
    • 16th May 18, 11:56 AM
    *bump* *bump* *bump*
    • lammy82
    • By lammy82 16th May 18, 12:58 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    lammy82
    • 16th May 18, 12:58 PM
    • 16th May 18, 12:58 PM
    How did you pay? If credit or debit card, look into initiating a chargeback through your bank.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 16th May 18, 1:12 PM
    • 1,814 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    Castle
    • 16th May 18, 1:12 PM
    • 16th May 18, 1:12 PM
    This wasn't Hermes by any chance?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 16th May 18, 4:02 PM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 16th May 18, 4:02 PM
    • 16th May 18, 4:02 PM
    I sent a parcel by myhermes , followed its tracking and saw it was being delivered today , friend was not at home , returned home , no delivery , no card thru door

spoke to him , and did online check

please tell me what this means?

Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • ellie99
    • By ellie99 16th May 18, 4:48 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 10,462 Thanks
    ellie99
    • 16th May 18, 4:48 PM
    • 16th May 18, 4:48 PM

please tell me what this means?
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    REALLY bad typing, could mean "behind gate"?

Y is next to T on the keyboard.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 16th May 18, 5:00 PM
    • 12,528 Posts
    • 9,816 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 16th May 18, 5:00 PM
    • 16th May 18, 5:00 PM
    Hi guys

I ordered a jacket from a company last month.

I received a text from the courier to say it was being delivered on the date requested.

When I got home, I couldn't find the parcel (checked bins, sheds, neighbours etc) so contacted the company. They stated it had been delivered which i confirmed it hadn't

They spoke with the courier and they said it was signed and the signature matches previous ones at that address. I saw a copy of the signature and it's just a squiggle. Nobody else lives at my house and I was at work at the time.

After back and forth, the company are saying that their courier says it's delivered so they are sticking to that. My defense is that it's not my signature and I wasn't around (no card through the door either).

I'm obviously not very happy but anyone have any advice on what to do next as the jacket was a few hundred pounds.
    Originally posted by skooldaze
    When you say "the company" do you mean the retailer or the courier company? I assume you mean retailer but it could read either way so asking to be sure.

Get your employer to give you a letter (letterheaded paper preferable) with what hours you were working that day - even better if you have a clock in/out or a system you have to be logged into and they can provide the exact times.

Then get back to the retailer, remind them that under the consumer rights act, the goods remain at their risk until they come into your physical possession or the possession of someone who has been authorised by you to receive the goods, that you can prove you were at work that day and did not authorise anyone else to receive the delivery so therefore if their agent (the courier) hasn't taken reasonable care of the goods and has delivered them to the wrong person, it is them who are liable for that loss - not you.

Who is the retailer?
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 16th May 18, 5:23 PM
    • 5,043 Posts
    • 11,458 Thanks
    Money maker
    • 16th May 18, 5:23 PM
    • 16th May 18, 5:23 PM
    Chargeback, small claims. Which company did you order from?
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • LesCats
    • By LesCats 16th May 18, 7:14 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LesCats
    • 16th May 18, 7:14 PM
    • 16th May 18, 7:14 PM
    It sounds like the courier driver may have thought it was worth stealing, this happens from time to time and it's quite hard to prove. If you can't charge back through your credit card, have u tried citizen's advice bureau?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,863Posts Today

7,849Users online

Martin's Twitter