Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harvey115
    • By harvey115 15th May 18, 3:54 PM
    • 676Posts
    • 225Thanks
    harvey115
    PCN received - not aware if parking charges applied
    • 15th May 18, 3:54 PM
    PCN received - not aware if parking charges applied 15th May 18 at 3:54 PM
    Hi All

I read through a few posts on this forum about appealing PCN notices on failed payments but could not find anything relevant same to my situation.

Station - Ickenham LU Stn

Usual use - pick up from the train station

So a family member came to pick me up a few days ago as usual. I had to wait because my money was stuck in the London Underground Oyster Card top up machine. We received a PCN notice a couple of days ago.

Looks like NCP has recently introduced charges on entering the Car Park whereas before people were able to pickup and drop off passengers without problems. So yesterday I wen to speak to the London Underground staff, they said they have nothing to do with the Car Park and NCP and I need to deal with them directly.

Do you think I can appeal against this? or should I not bother at all?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th May 18, 4:03 PM
    • 37,304 Posts
    • 21,461 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th May 18, 4:03 PM
    • 15th May 18, 4:03 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies faq thread before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn in detail about the game you are caught up in

Then if you have further queries come back to ask them here

To answer your question you should appeal
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 15th May 18, 4:21 PM
    • 8,882 Posts
    • 9,240 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 15th May 18, 4:21 PM
    • 15th May 18, 4:21 PM
    Post one of the Newbies Sticky deals with your situation exactly.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 15th May 18, 4:37 PM
    • 1,900 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    Castle
    • 15th May 18, 4:37 PM
    • 15th May 18, 4:37 PM
    Ickenham's car park is subject to TFL Byelaws; so don't mention the driver's name.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 61,597 Posts
    • 74,506 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 15th May 18, 7:53 PM
    I'm trying to understand how so many people post without reading (or appearing to read):

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST (sticky thread up near the top of the forum)

Is it due to accessing the forum on your phone? What else can we do to make sure people read the sticky (at the top) thread first?

The template first appeal is there, all the KEEPER needs to do, is copy it in online to NCP.

I read through a few posts on this forum about appealing PCN notices on failed payments but could not find anything relevant same to my situation.
    That's because the facts don't matter. One of the Q&A in the sticky thread says:
    Q - ''I have read the NEWBIES thread but cannot find anything specific to my case...my case is different''.

A - NO IT ISN'T. YOU DO NOT NEED SPECIFICS. FORGET THE DETAIL, MOST CASES ARE ALL THE SAME.
    The only thing different in your case, is I would try to get proof of the change:
    Looks like NCP has recently introduced charges on entering the Car Park whereas before people were able to pickup and drop off passengers without problems.
    So, look at the website for the station, what does it say about dropping off, is that still offered free? Get screenshots if so, in readiness for POPLA stage.

Also get pics of signs/lack of signs alerting regular users to the change in restrictions, next time you are there, again in readiness for POPLA stage.

This first appeal stage is SIMPLE as long as the keeper appeals, not saying who was driving.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,138Posts Today

6,431Users online

Martin's Twitter