Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Col81
    • By Col81 15th May 18, 2:59 PM
    • 67Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Col81
    Credit rating causing my a big problem
    • 15th May 18, 2:59 PM
    Credit rating causing my a big problem 15th May 18 at 2:59 PM
    Hi, I own a property and all my details are registered their. My driving licence, bank, passport etc. My mum has lived in the property for around 10 years on her own and claims housing benefit which the council are fine with and she pays that to me towards the mortgage. I have lived all over the place various friends/familys/partners houses and have never registered anywhere for council tax. My mum gets the single persons rate at the house i own.

The problem is i need to register on the voters roll at the house i own in order to get credit but i do not live their. What implications will this have on me or my mum? i am worried as i have never paid council tax to anyone but have stayed all over the place. Please advise my best option? Thank you
Page 3
    • MEM62
    • By MEM62 17th May 18, 1:01 PM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 1,196 Thanks
    MEM62
    I do not receive a income i lose 250 a month. Any way it is ok i am seeking financial advice from a solicitor in order put put things right and try to sort out my situation. I may just go bankrupt and then rent a cheaper flat for my mum leaving me 250 better off and buy a used car.
    Originally posted by Col81

Correction, you do receive an income. However, as a 'business' your costs are greater than your income. You might be able to work this to your advantage as any looses could be offset against tax. I am fortunate to be in profit on my rental property so have not looked at things from this angle. Also I have no expertise in this field above what is required to complete my self-assessment. Speak with a Tax expert and see what advice they offer.
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 17th May 18, 1:37 PM
    • 3,138 Posts
    • 2,427 Thanks
    BoGoF
    Correction, you do receive an income. However, as a 'business' your costs are greater than your income. You might be able to work this to your advantage as any looses could be offset against tax.
    Originally posted by MEM62
    That is incorrect.....you cannot set rental incone losses against other income.
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 17th May 18, 8:44 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    camelot1971
    The problem is i need to register on the voters roll at the house i own in order to get credit but i do not live their.
    Originally posted by Col81
    It's THERE, not their.

Sorry, just had to say that (even though the OP is obviously a troll)
    • lildoonbuggy
    • By lildoonbuggy 17th May 18, 10:25 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    lildoonbuggy
    So, from your previous threads it looks like you have gone from paying 400 a month for your mortgage, to 500 and now 600, but you are still on interest only repayments. Does that mean you've remortgaged the property? If so, where has the other money gone? If you are being genuine, you have quite a few financial issues that need sorting out and I'm afraid having your name on an electoral role somewhere isn't even going to get close to fixing it. Like many posters have said before, the best thing you can do in terms of getting good advice is posting an SOA on the debt free wannabe board.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,999Posts Today

6,039Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin