Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fightingrights
    • By Fightingrights 15th May 18, 2:09 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Fightingrights
    Highview parking appeal rejected
    • 15th May 18, 2:09 PM
    Highview parking appeal rejected 15th May 18 at 2:09 PM
    Hi

I recently received a charge notice which I appealed as it was not received till 20 days after the offence, I have today received a rejection of appeal as they claim to have 7 months!

The offence date was 31/03/18 and the pcn received 20/04/18. My appeal was this:

Dear sirs

I am the keeper of vehicle ******* and have received your charge notice 200*******

Your Notice fails to comply with the requirements of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 section 9 (5) The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

I do not expect to hear from you again expect to confirm that no further action will be taken against me on this matter.

Regards

I have today received their response:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN), the contents of which have been noted.

The Notice in question was issued without invoking the Protection of Freedoms Act.

In accordance with the DVLA and BPA rules, PCNs can be issued up to seven months from the date of the parking contravention.

We apologise the Notice was not received in a timely manner, and whilst we appreciate that this Notice was issued later than the BPA AOS guidelines, such occurrences can occur due to a number of reasons, such as delays in receiving keeper information or a delay in data processing.

Please forward to us the full name and address of the driver at the time this charge was incurred so that we can update our records accordingly.

We are placing this Notice on hold for 14 days from the date of this email to allow you to provide the details requested.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Plus Ltd

Does anyone have any advice on where I should go from here?

Thanks

James
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th May 18, 2:20 PM
    • 7,209 Posts
    • 6,710 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 15th May 18, 2:20 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:20 PM
    Your appeal has not yet been rejected.

You must ignore their request to name the driver and wait patiently for their rejection letter and your PoPLA code.

Their late PCN just means they can't hold the keeper liable. That's all.
    • Fightingrights
    • By Fightingrights 15th May 18, 2:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fightingrights
    • 15th May 18, 2:30 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:30 PM
    Thankyou for your quick response, I shall be waiting patiently tight lipped !!!55357;!!!56841;!!!55358;!!!56592;
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 18, 2:34 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,054 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th May 18, 2:34 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:34 PM
    they claim to have 7 months!
    Well, they do. Because they issue non-POFA PCNs they don't have to send them early.

But they can still NOT hold you liable in a month of Sundays! Highview can't win.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,471Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin