Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The_Bloodster
    • By The_Bloodster 15th May 18, 12:36 PM
    • 309Posts
    • 267Thanks
    The_Bloodster
    Credit Card Charges on Gig Purchase
    • 15th May 18, 12:36 PM
    Credit Card Charges on Gig Purchase 15th May 18 at 12:36 PM
    Hi

I wondered if someone knows the answer to this.

I bought two tickets for a gig at the O2 Ritz in Manchester and the gig has now been cancelled. The tickets were 25.50 each but in total I was charged 57.25 inc fees at the box office.

Should I receive the full amount back or will they just refund 51?
    If they refund the 51 is there a way I reclaim the difference?

Thanks

Page 1
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 15th May 18, 12:40 PM
    • 5,476 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 15th May 18, 12:40 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:40 PM
    you should get it all back
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th May 18, 12:43 PM
    • 19,338 Posts
    • 20,652 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th May 18, 12:43 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:43 PM
    Unless it was a Justin Bieber gig, in which case you deserve to lose it all.
    • The_Bloodster
    • By The_Bloodster 15th May 18, 12:46 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    The_Bloodster
    • 15th May 18, 12:46 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:46 PM
    Unless it was a Justin Bieber gig, in which case you deserve to lose it all.
    Originally posted by zx81

Haha no not that bad but not that far away. It was Nadine Coyle lol. What can I say a friend asked me to go with him and I can't resist a girl with an Irish accent lol

• zx81
    • By zx81 15th May 18, 12:57 PM
    • 19,338 Posts
    • 20,652 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th May 18, 12:57 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:57 PM
    Dear god.

You should get no refund AND have to pay a fine.
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 15th May 18, 1:44 PM
    • 1,247 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    gingercordial
    • 15th May 18, 1:44 PM
    • 15th May 18, 1:44 PM
    Hi

I wondered if someone knows the answer to this.

I bought two tickets for a gig at the O2 Ritz in Manchester and the gig has now been cancelled. The tickets were 25.50 each but in total I was charged 57.25 inc fees at the box office.

Should I receive the full amount back or will they just refund 51?
    If they refund the 51 is there a way I reclaim the difference?

Thanks
    Originally posted by The_Bloodster
    I would actually be surprised if they gave you it all back.

It depends on the T&Cs from the ticket provider, but in my experience they often say that the fees are not refundable even if the show is cancelled.

I was extremely annoyed recently when I bought tickets for a gig and it was cancelled a only week later (so presumably the cancellation was already on the cards!) and I didn't get the fees back. On reading the T&Cs fully (I admit I hadn't really done this when booking - there was no option but to use this ticket retailer) it was clear that's what I'd agreed to.

When Adele cancelled her Wembley shows last year there was a backlash against Eventim about this and they did eventually agree to refund the fees as a special case because of all the bad publicity, but that shows you it is the norm not to refund them.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/07/adele-ticket-agency-backtracks-and-offers-full-refunds-after-furious-fan-reaction-6762729/
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 15th May 18, 3:01 PM
    • 5,476 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 15th May 18, 3:01 PM
    • 15th May 18, 3:01 PM
    id be straight to chargeback
    • The_Bloodster
    • By The_Bloodster 15th May 18, 3:24 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    The_Bloodster
    • 15th May 18, 3:24 PM
    • 15th May 18, 3:24 PM
    Dear god.

You should get no refund AND have to pay a fine.
    Originally posted by zx81

So I'm guessing I need a new friend lol.

Thanks for the replies. I got the full amount back including the fees with no argument - they didn't even mention it and there was me all ready to argue lol

• The_Bloodster
    • By The_Bloodster 15th May 18, 3:27 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    The_Bloodster
    • 15th May 18, 3:27 PM
    • 15th May 18, 3:27 PM
    I would actually be surprised if they gave you it all back.

It depends on the T&Cs from the ticket provider, but in my experience they often say that the fees are not refundable even if the show is cancelled.

I was extremely annoyed recently when I bought tickets for a gig and it was cancelled a only week later (so presumably the cancellation was already on the cards!) and I didn't get the fees back. On reading the T&Cs fully (I admit I hadn't really done this when booking - there was no option but to use this ticket retailer) it was clear that's what I'd agreed to.

When Adele cancelled her Wembley shows last year there was a backlash against Eventim about this and they did eventually agree to refund the fees as a special case because of all the bad publicity, but that shows you it is the norm not to refund them.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/07/adele-ticket-agency-backtracks-and-offers-full-refunds-after-furious-fan-reaction-6762729/
    Originally posted by gingercordial

I wasn't aware of it and I was having doubts when I didn't have a receipt (just my credit card statement) and it didn't state fees on the tickets.

Thankfully I got it all back but strangely they gave it me in cash even though I paid by card as they didn't know how to do a card refund lol

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

169Posts Today

1,372Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin