Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ehone87
    • By ehone87 15th May 18, 11:08 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ehone87
    PCM - initial letter wasn't franked!
    • 15th May 18, 11:08 AM
    PCM - initial letter wasn't franked! 15th May 18 at 11:08 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to read
    Last edited by ehone87; 24-05-2018 at 1:16 PM. Reason: Appeal
Page 1
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th May 18, 11:39 AM
    • 1,568 Posts
    • 2,049 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 15th May 18, 11:39 AM
    • 15th May 18, 11:39 AM
    correct , a letter is deemed to be delivered providing the correct payment was made ,

forget this as your primary appeal at the moment

make an appeal using the template letter in the newbies section , not sure of the company , full name Please ?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 1,568 Posts
    • 2,049 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 15th May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:16 PM
    the area in question , was this a no parking , or parking with permit area ,. if the latter then you should have been allowed time to read , / digest the signs and decide to stay or leave , or indeed produce a permit or pay for parking

the second situation is covered under grace periods by the IPC , and would equal or exceed the 5 mins you state
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 18, 3:17 PM
    • 59,486 Posts
    • 72,652 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th May 18, 3:17 PM
    • 15th May 18, 3:17 PM
    Ask for whatever you like, and you CAN try IAS because it's PCM who are not good at 'prima facie' cases.

You will know from the NEWBIES thread FAQS that I say ''no IAS unless it's PCM''.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 17th May 18, 4:11 PM
    • 2,835 Posts
    • 1,727 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 17th May 18, 4:11 PM
    • 17th May 18, 4:11 PM
    Don't use recorded delivery, if they refuse delivery, your proof has gone. Go to Post Office and post it using First Class stamp and ask for a free proof of posting, sometimes called a certificate of posting. Staple that to a copy of your letter and file it with all your other papers relating to this issue.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 18, 12:23 AM
    • 59,486 Posts
    • 72,652 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th May 18, 12:23 AM
    • 18th May 18, 12:23 AM
    should I use the letter template and send it to PCM directly and follow their procedure, or scrap that and go directly to the IPC?
    What do you reckon, having read about the IAS as an option? What must you do first?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 22nd May 18, 9:00 PM
    • 1,105 Posts
    • 2,127 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 22nd May 18, 9:00 PM
    • 22nd May 18, 9:00 PM
    1. If not posted (fully paid) and first class there is no postal service. The fact you actually did receive it later is irrelevant.
    2. Subject to seeing signage, often a complete prohibition on parking makes it tricky for the PPC to assert that there was any parking contract at all. No offer to park = no acceptance of parking contract/terms.
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd May 18, 11:54 PM
    • 59,486 Posts
    • 72,652 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd May 18, 11:54 PM
    • 22nd May 18, 11:54 PM
    They wrote back to me on Saturday to say;
    'Thank you for your correspondence regarding the above PCN. PCM are offering the drive 14 days to pay the reduced amount of 60 or make an appeal if you wish. After this time, the charge will increase to the fill(?) rate of 100'. It then provides payment details.
    So did they offer IAS?

Try that, if so.

As you have already appealed, they should have offered IAS and with PCM, it is worth trying, because they are useless at stating their case...IMHO.

Show us your draft IAS appeal.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 23rd May 18, 10:31 AM
    • 9,705 Posts
    • 9,538 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 23rd May 18, 10:31 AM
    • 23rd May 18, 10:31 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

2,373Users online

Martin's Twitter