Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Border Reiver2
    • By Border Reiver2 15th May 18, 9:11 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Border Reiver2
    Can I Cancel an Order if Item not Delivered in Decent Time
    • 15th May 18, 9:11 AM
    Can I Cancel an Order if Item not Delivered in Decent Time 15th May 18 at 9:11 AM
    On 14th April I place an order for a camera with a big name manufacturer. Their advertising said that they normally deliver within 5 working days. After waiting a week and a half my camera had still not arrived so I emailed their customer services and was informed that as it was a pre-order item they didn't have any at that time, but I would have my camera by the end of the following week. A week and a half has passed since that due date and I emailed them again today to ask when my camera would be delivered. Their response was that they expected them to be in stock in 7 to 10 days time. With another 5 days delivery time expected, that would make a total wait of over 6 weeks. I find it unbelievable that this manufacturer cannot obtain one of their own products when high street stores have had them in stock for a few weeks now. Do I have the right to cancel my order and buy a camera at a store? I haven't paid any money yet, it was due on delivery.
Page 1
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 15th May 18, 9:29 AM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 1,347 Thanks
    paragon909
    • 15th May 18, 9:29 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:29 AM
    If you haven't received any item, Just phone them and tell them to cancel and refund, There would be no objections, You're entitled to this.
    • Border Reiver2
    • By Border Reiver2 15th May 18, 9:38 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Border Reiver2
    • 15th May 18, 9:38 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:38 AM
    Thanks, I'll email them through their customer service centre, then I'll have something in writing to save.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 15th May 18, 2:19 PM
    • 12,286 Posts
    • 9,617 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 15th May 18, 2:19 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:19 PM
    For future reference, the Consumer Rights Act states:
    (3)Unless there is an agreed time or period, the contract is to be treated as including a term that the trader must deliver the goods!!!8212;
    (a)without undue delay, and
    (b)in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.
    The Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations state the exact same thing in 42 (3).

So if there isnt an agreed time/period at the time you enter the contract (ie that they'll deliver on the 23rd April or that they'll deliver within 2 weeks) then they have a maximum of 30 days.

This is the case even if the contract is for goods that could not normally be cancelled (personalised goods for example).
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,738Posts Today

7,905Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin