Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 15th May 18, 8:09 AM
    • 1,222Posts
    • 597Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    0 WOW
    Crete Planning
    • 15th May 18, 8:09 AM
    0 WOW
    Crete Planning 15th May 18 at 8:09 AM
    Hi,

We have 10 days in Crete (Bali) booked for the end of July and we need to budget for it as we've had a lot of unforseen expenses so far this year, ie the roof fell into the bedroom for example!

Can anyone help with this please? We've never been to Crete so unsure of costs etc.

How much should we budget for evening meals, we are a family of 6 and would like to eat in authentic Greek restaurants.

Also would like any recommendations for things to do with the children, ie waterparks, costs etc.

Thanks for any tips.
    Make 2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date 2,108
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 15th May 18, 8:30 AM
    • 1,605 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    Westin
    • 15th May 18, 8:30 AM
    • 15th May 18, 8:30 AM
    Hope you get some good replies on here but I would be tempted to head over to the Trip Advisor forums which are specific to Crete and even perhaps Bali. You will likely find a good few local experts on there who can perhaps reply, or give a better variety of answers to your specific questions.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th May 18, 9:53 AM
    • 21,182 Posts
    • 57,163 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 15th May 18, 9:53 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:53 AM
    Hope you get some good replies on here but I would be tempted to head over to the Trip Advisor forums which are specific to Crete and even perhaps Bali. You will likely find a good few local experts on there who can perhaps reply, or give a better variety of answers to your specific questions.
    Originally posted by Westin
    +1 to this ^^^^
    • z1a
    • By z1a 15th May 18, 6:30 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 1,581 Thanks
    z1a
    • 15th May 18, 6:30 PM
    • 15th May 18, 6:30 PM
    Last year in Stalis, prices for food and drink were about same as in UK, as long as you stick yo local drinks.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 17th May 18, 10:09 PM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 3,172 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    • 17th May 18, 10:09 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:09 PM
    I went last year to hisaranos or however it's spelt.

There wasn't a lot to do and we went late June and it was honestly too hot to do much then so god knows what it's like in July.

There's a free water park that you can get to by local bus (I can't think of the name but it's in trip advisor). There is a go kart park there which was fairly priced and great fun. There's a dance show in the old village once a week on a Monday which I sadly missed but hearted great reviews for.

Food wise I thought it was fairly priced. Most meals were around the !!!8364;10 mark but we found a local cafe heading to the beach that did chips for !!!8364;1 and I think was toasties for not much more. There's good offers too. Plus there's several markets to get to on public transport, often near the capital which were good to visit. Plus if your self catering get water and bits from the spar shop that's fairly priced
    roll on end of April 2019 *20 done* = *20 to go*
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 17th May 18, 10:14 PM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 3,172 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    • 17th May 18, 10:14 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:14 PM
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g189413-Activities-Crete.html
    Star is the free one. There's a crazy golf there too. Could make a couple of days there tbh
    roll on end of April 2019 *20 done* = *20 to go*
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,454Posts Today

7,102Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin