Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mattaz1996
    • By Mattaz1996 15th May 18, 8:04 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mattaz1996
    New build mortgage extension
    • 15th May 18, 8:04 AM
    New build mortgage extension 15th May 18 at 8:04 AM
    Hi there, we was accepted for a mortgage with Skipton on a newbuild, but after 6 months we will need an extension as we are around few weeks out before completion. I wouldn't say we've had significant changes, though I have changed job and we are in overdraft due to paying for house bits. My credit has lessened though, do you think this could compromise our chances? Will we go through a credit check? I am on more money now and my partner has savings though our accounts don't look great due to buying bits for our house. We are worried we might not be accepted. Have attached a covering letter to the underwriters explaining using money to invest in my career since.

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 15th May 18, 8:28 AM
    • 10,826 Posts
    • 4,312 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 15th May 18, 8:28 AM
    • 15th May 18, 8:28 AM
    I wouldn't say we've had significant changes, though I have changed job
    Originally posted by Mattaz1996
    Sounds like a significant change to me - speak to your Broker.

Have attached a covering letter to the underwriters explaining using money to invest in my career since.
    Originally posted by Mattaz1996
    Never send the Lender anything they have not asked for.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,225Posts Today

9,366Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin