Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wishuponastar
    • By wishuponastar 14th May 18, 7:57 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 642Thanks
    wishuponastar
    Offers with auction listing?
    • 14th May 18, 7:57 PM
    Offers with auction listing? 14th May 18 at 7:57 PM
    I've had an offer for 1 selling fees, with the condition you accept 'offers' on your listings. They say this can be auction or buy it now.

I want to list auction but I can't find the offers button. I've looked into it and it says only some sellers have this. Otherwise it's just the BIN option with offers, which I don't really want to do.

Anyway what is the criteria to be able to have offers on auction listings? As my rating is good, above average and good feedback too.
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 16,157 Posts
    • 12,196 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 14th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 14th May 18, 9:22 PM
    Can you cut and paste the offer
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 14th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 5,636 Posts
    • 11,443 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    • 14th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 14th May 18, 9:28 PM
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but that explains why so many auctions I have been looking at have a 'make offer' button.

Does anyone know if you place a bid if the 'make offer' button disappears?
    • sham63
    • By sham63 14th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 968 Posts
    • 746 Thanks
    sham63
    • 14th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 14th May 18, 10:28 PM
    I got the same offer and could not work out how to accept offers on an auction listing, so just used buy it now listings instead.
    Last edited by sham63; 14-05-2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Punctuation glitch - when will it be sorted MSE?
    • wishuponastar
    • By wishuponastar 15th May 18, 10:52 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 642 Thanks
    wishuponastar
    • 15th May 18, 10:52 AM
    • 15th May 18, 10:52 AM
    Can you cut and paste the offer
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Thanks for trying to help, although there is no problem with the offer, I understand it. I can't copy and paste the bit I'm asking about i.e. criteria for being able to do auctions with offer, as it doesn't say what the criteria is. I have searched on the help pages on Ebay and nothing.

I just know the auction with offer is available to some sellers only. But doesn't say what the criteria is, so I wondered if anyone here knew?
    Last edited by wishuponastar; 15-05-2018 at 2:43 PM.
    • wishuponastar
    • By wishuponastar 15th May 18, 10:53 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 642 Thanks
    wishuponastar
    • 15th May 18, 10:53 AM
    • 15th May 18, 10:53 AM
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but that explains why so many auctions I have been looking at have a 'make offer' button.

Does anyone know if you place a bid if the 'make offer' button disappears?
    Originally posted by iammumtoone
    I've noticed that too on a lot of listings and thought it was a new feature which is a good one. Just a shame it doesn't apply to me (not sure why).

I don't know if it disappears to be honest, something I wondered too so good question.
    • wishuponastar
    • By wishuponastar 15th May 18, 10:56 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 642 Thanks
    wishuponastar
    • 15th May 18, 10:56 AM
    • 15th May 18, 10:56 AM
    I got the same offer and could not work out how to accept offers on an auction listing, so just used buy it now listings instead.
    Originally posted by sham63
    Thanks, that is what I had to do in the end with a couple of my listings but I would have listed more using the auction feature with offer if I could have. I wish Ebay would say what criteria you need to meet to allow this feature.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,346Posts Today

8,142Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TimboBagginses: @MartinSLewis Such a good idea. My ex and I have had to negotiate who will 'accept the blame' and what 'type' of blame?

• Delighted to hear a private members bill is proposing to take the need for someone to be at fault out of an agreed? https://t.co/0vQSRKqREh

• RT @GMB: Is it just @MartinSLewis that has an 'overseas wallet' or are you less organised with your holiday spending plans? ????

• Follow Martin