Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Arwing
    • By Arwing 14th May 18, 7:38 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Arwing
    Lifestrategy Distribution
    • 14th May 18, 7:38 PM
    Lifestrategy Distribution 14th May 18 at 7:38 PM
    Hi guys, need an opinion on vanguard lifestrategys focus on the UK and USA. The thing is I constantly read about the need to be diverse when it comes to things like region and I was wondering if I should put some money into another fund to balance it out e.g. japan index fund

I'm probably overthinking it and should probably just stick to the "keep things simple" rule.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 14th May 18, 7:56 PM
    • 94,508 Posts
    • 62,450 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 14th May 18, 7:56 PM
    • 14th May 18, 7:56 PM
    There is already a japanese element and most models have less in Japan than they do UK and US.

I'm probably overthinking it and should probably just stick to the "keep things simple" rule.
    Simple isnt important. its model that matters. A portfolio of single sector funds is not as simple but is often better. The important thing is knowledge and understanding. What do you know about investing that makes you better than Vanguard with its strategy?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Arwing
    • By Arwing 14th May 18, 9:37 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Arwing
    • 14th May 18, 9:37 PM
    • 14th May 18, 9:37 PM
    When you put it like that, it does sound like a silly question. Thank you.
    • atush
    • By atush 15th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 17,178 Posts
    • 10,741 Thanks
    atush
    • 15th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:35 PM
    no questions about money are really silly, unless and endless repeat of what to do with 20K lol
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 15th May 18, 1:17 PM
    • 4,552 Posts
    • 5,840 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 15th May 18, 1:17 PM
    • 15th May 18, 1:17 PM
    no questions about money are really silly, unless and endless repeat of what to do with 20K lol
    Originally posted by atush
    Or why do regular savers only pay half the advertised interest
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

947Posts Today

6,693Users online

Martin's Twitter