Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missymoo69
    • By missymoo69 14th May 18, 5:12 PM
    • 63Posts
    • 36Thanks
    missymoo69
    2 x iPhones 1 contract?? is this a thing
    • 14th May 18, 5:12 PM
    2 x iPhones 1 contract?? is this a thing 14th May 18 at 5:12 PM
    Hi I am looking to upgrade both mine and my daughters phone to the iPhone 8.

My 6 is 3 years old glitching and battery is very weak, daughter has 2 year old SE and her's does the same.

Do any companies do combined contracts for 2 handsets, I know it may be pricey

We are both on sim only as I bought her handset from apple as it was cheaper.

I am looking at around 8GB for me and minimum 12GB for her any ideas or cheapest contracts..

TIA
    Manners cost nothing!
Page 1
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 14th May 18, 5:44 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 972 Thanks
    20aday
    • 14th May 18, 5:44 PM
    • 14th May 18, 5:44 PM
    Hello there I might be wrong but am pretty sure BT Mobile, Tesco Mobile, o2 and Vodafone do (or used to) sharing plans where you!!!8217;d be the !!!8220;leader!!!8221; and then you!!!8217;d be able to allocate how much data you!!!8217;d want each sharer to have.

For what it!!!8217;s worth Apple are currently charging 25 to replace batteries in iPhone 6/SE until the end of the year after it was revealed they were slowing down handsets because of aged batteries.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Timalay
    • By Timalay 14th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Timalay
    • 14th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 14th May 18, 8:31 PM
    Tesco mobile have Family Perks, you have more than one sim on a contract, and each number can have an extra of either 1GB data, 2 off your bill, 2.25 off Tesco Mobile Protect (insurance), 200 extra Tesco Clubcard points every month, 500 extra minutes to any network every month, or 500 extra Tesco Mobile minutes every month. Also, you can cap the bill each month.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 15th May 18, 9:25 AM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 972 Thanks
    20aday
    • 15th May 18, 9:25 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:25 AM
    That reminds me Timalay; OP if you know someone who works for Tesco they *might* be able to get you an additional 10% off your bill each month too.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th May 18, 10:07 AM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 15th May 18, 10:07 AM
    • 15th May 18, 10:07 AM
    Why on earth would you want to give Apple even more money if the phones haven't lasted that long in the first place? Yes, I know all batteries fail but iPhone 8's cost around 600 to buy outright. Why spend the equivalent of 1,200 plus the sim contract for 2 or 3 years use before you do it all over again? You could spend 300 on a couple of very good 150 phones and just get a sim only contract.
    • J B
    • By J B 15th May 18, 10:18 AM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 1,097 Thanks
    J B
    • 15th May 18, 10:18 AM
    • 15th May 18, 10:18 AM
    Why on earth would you want to give Apple even more money if the phones haven't lasted that long in the first place? Yes, I know all batteries fail but iPhone 8's cost around 600 to buy outright. Why spend the equivalent of 1,200 plus the sim contract for 2 or 3 years use before you do it all over again? You could spend 300 on a couple of very good 150 phones and just get a sim only contract.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

It amuses me that these apple fans spend half the time harping on about how great and reliable their phones are and then this ....
    Last edited by J B; 15-05-2018 at 9:58 PM.
    • missymoo69
    • By missymoo69 15th May 18, 11:12 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    missymoo69
    • 15th May 18, 11:12 AM
    • 15th May 18, 11:12 AM
    Hi thanks for the positive replies, I have until her birthday in July so I have time to look into the options. They all sound interesting i'm glad I posted on here now, thanks guys.

As for the negative I have had the handset 3 years I have never had a handset that long I think 3 years is good going to be honest.

I don't think many phones are built to last much longer, besides its nice to have a new phone.

Have a nice day all!
    Manners cost nothing!
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th May 18, 12:56 PM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 15th May 18, 12:56 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:56 PM
    Hi thanks for the positive replies

As for the negative
    Originally posted by missymoo69
    There are no positive or negative replies here, there are just posts giving you various advice, options and opinions. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a negative post. If you don't understand the difference then it explains your buying habits I'm afraid.
    • thebigstillmeister
    • By thebigstillmeister 15th May 18, 1:23 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    thebigstillmeister
    • 15th May 18, 1:23 PM
    • 15th May 18, 1:23 PM
    There are no positive or negative replies here, there are just posts giving you various advice, options and opinions. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a negative post. If you don't understand the difference then it explains your buying habits I'm afraid.
    And they were just giving an opinion on your opinion, explaining 3 years was good in their view.

...wind your neck in,
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th May 18, 1:33 PM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    And they were just giving an opinion on your opinion, explaining 3 years was good in their view.

...wind your neck in,
    Originally posted by thebigstillmeister
    If I want your opinion little boy I'll give it to you, now bore off.
    • thebigstillmeister
    • By thebigstillmeister 15th May 18, 1:40 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    thebigstillmeister
    If I want your opinion little boy I'll give it to you, now bore off.
    You must be very popular at parties,..
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 15th May 18, 2:05 PM
    • 1,670 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    Back on topic...
    SIM only gives much greater choice and (generally) shorter minimum term contracts.
    I have two contracts, one for myself and one for my OH. I wouldn't just look at dual/family package deals as in reality you are limiting your choice by looking at those.
    For me, spending caps (many have no limit on over spending) and EU roaming features are more important (in the latter case, amount of EU data, tethering in the EU, etc).
    I would certainly get that SE battery changed by Apple for 25, the SE has only been out a couple of years and is still a current model.
    • missymoo69
    • By missymoo69 15th May 18, 4:33 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    missymoo69
    Thanks frozen-up-north

I will cover all avenues as I want the best deal, I know 2 may be quite pricey.

They are both currently on sim only deals, I watched I think it was watchdog last week and people who had sent the phone in for a battery replacement at 25 had rather large bills as the phone had slight cosmetic damage.

My 13 old has always had it in a case but it is scuffed a little around the edges, this I fear would make the 25 more likely to be hundreds!

That put me off sending it in to be honest.

I now know why I don't post very often on these forums.
    I only asked for a little advice, you cant judge me because I like to buy a new phone every 2/3 years, and as for my spending habits.. politely go forth!
    Manners cost nothing!
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 15th May 18, 5:06 PM
    • 1,670 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    Regarding sending the SE to Apple, it might be worth asking if they offer a while you wait battery swap at an Apple Store... they may be less likely to do a service exchange. BTW, I don't believe everything I see on TV and certainly not on Watchdog.

I live 50 miles away from the nearest Apple Store, but we have made the trip into a "shopping trip", toys for me and shoes for her!
    • john22
    • By john22 16th May 18, 8:28 AM
    • 689 Posts
    • 525 Thanks
    john22
    Hi I am looking to upgrade both mine and my daughters phone to the iPhone 8.

My 6 is 3 years old glitching and battery is very weak, daughter has 2 year old SE and her's does the same.

Do any companies do combined contracts for 2 handsets, I know it may be pricey

We are both on sim only as I bought her handset from apple as it was cheaper.

I am looking at around 8GB for me and minimum 12GB for her any ideas or cheapest contracts..

TIA
    Originally posted by missymoo69
    If its possible through one of the deals try and look at the iPhone 8 red edition. I was in one of their stores and that red colour makes the phone pop. Though probably have the phone in a case but still a sick looking phone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,211Posts Today

8,738Users online

Martin's Twitter