Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Em1501
    • By Em1501 14th May 18, 4:07 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Em1501
    SCS complaint
    • 14th May 18, 4:07 PM
    SCS complaint 14th May 18 at 4:07 PM
    Hi,

Apologies if Iím posting in the wrong section, wasnít really sure where to post?!

Can anyone advise on our legal rights please?

We ordered new sofas from SCS in store in March, and were told we had 7 days to amend the order, but no right to cancel.

The very next morning, we called and asked to change the order, and were told the original salesman would call us back.

He did and agreed over the phone to change the order. I know I should have got this is writing, but he seemed so confident that it would be changed that we didnít !!!128533;

Low and behold it transpires the order was never changed, and the wrong sofas were delivered last week. We reported it straight away, while delivery driver was still at the house.

After many many phone callers, the store are denying all knowledge of us calling to change the order, and even though we have proof they called us back the day after ordering they will not help us.

They say we signed a contract, and that they have fulfilled that. They are refusing to acknowledge that we changed the sofa order verbally, and say their policy states it must be done in writing (which of course we would have done if they had advised us of this, rather than agreeing to change over the telephone)

Does anyone know if we do have a legal case?

Thanks in advance,
Page 1
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 14th May 18, 5:22 PM
    • 3,202 Posts
    • 3,321 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 14th May 18, 5:22 PM
    • 14th May 18, 5:22 PM
    If you can identify the telephone call(s) from your phone records, perhaps all calls to their CS are recorded? You (I think) can request a copy of the recording. If you can at least get hold of that you will have proof of what was said.
    https://www.scs.co.uk/about-scs/privacy-policy.html
    • Em1501
    • By Em1501 14th May 18, 5:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em1501
    • 14th May 18, 5:32 PM
    • 14th May 18, 5:32 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will certainly investigate this, although we phoned the shop to alter the order, rather than Customer Care, so I guess unlikely calls are recorded

Ex
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,267Posts Today

9,326Users online

Martin's Twitter