Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ccme
    • By ccme 14th May 18, 4:02 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ccme
    MyHermes in trouble...no parcel collections for shop drop-offs for 5 days now in SW London
    • 14th May 18, 4:02 PM
    MyHermes in trouble...no parcel collections for shop drop-offs for 5 days now in SW London 14th May 18 at 4:02 PM
    I'm really concerned that MyHermes has failed to collect parcels I've dropped-off at my local newsagents in SW London for the last 5 days now (mainly ebay sales). There are piles of them stacked up now in there now. This shop say they have also not been given a new receipt book for 1 week now....so I have no receipt for my parcel drop-offs! Contacted MyHermes myself and I basically asked them straight are they going out of business?.....simply got a generic non-human reply with no help whatsoever. So...has anybody heard anything? I'm worried...I don't want my ebay parcels lost in the post like it happened with CitiLink when they went bankcrupt?!
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 14th May 18, 4:04 PM
    • 34,035 Posts
    • 40,150 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 14th May 18, 4:04 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:04 PM
    More likely lost the driver who was doing that round and not filled it yet
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th May 18, 4:16 PM
    • 61,175 Posts
    • 43,728 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th May 18, 4:16 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:16 PM
    I suspect it's like Browntoa says and they've lost their local drivers and can't get replacements. Post on their Facebook or twitter feed and see what help they can give you.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • RFW
    • By RFW 14th May 18, 4:30 PM
    • 8,815 Posts
    • 5,109 Thanks
    RFW
    • 14th May 18, 4:30 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:30 PM
    Not wanting to make you panic more but if no one else has had a problem I'd also start worrying about the shop you're dropping them off at.
    • ccme
    • By ccme 14th May 18, 4:34 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ccme
    • 14th May 18, 4:34 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:34 PM
    ...it's not 1 shop...it's several in the London south-west area, I've been asking around trying to see what I can do to get my ebay parcels sent....had the same issue with CitiLink years ago....I remember they just stopped collecting up to Christmas that year and then stopped doing business altogether....I was in the live chat queue for 23 minutes before getting through to a rep - which is unusual...so something's up!
    • Campden
    • By Campden 14th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Campden
    • 14th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 14th May 18, 9:22 PM
    Operating normally in South London.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 61,175 Posts
    • 43,728 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 14th May 18, 11:05 PM
    ...it's not 1 shop...it's several in the London south-west area, I've been asking around trying to see what I can do to get my ebay parcels sent....had the same issue with CitiLink years ago....I remember they just stopped collecting up to Christmas that year and then stopped doing business altogether....I was in the live chat queue for 23 minutes before getting through to a rep - which is unusual...so something's up!
    Originally posted by ccme
    There's no 'noise' on any of the forums I use about MyHermes having issues, so it looks like something localised. If it were National I would expect more people to be complaining.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 15th May 18, 9:27 AM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 1,276 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 15th May 18, 9:27 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:27 AM
    Originally posted by ccme
    No problems in my area. Annoying (very!) for you, but please don't stir up a storm where none exists - really not helpful.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th May 18, 1:58 PM
    • 2,404 Posts
    • 2,939 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 15th May 18, 1:58 PM
    • 15th May 18, 1:58 PM
    yup , hermes are "still" useless
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th May 18, 2:15 PM
    • 19,726 Posts
    • 13,926 Thanks
    molerat
    yup , hermes are "still" useless
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    Just a bit more useless in some areas than others
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th May 18, 2:15 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    LadyDee
    My local (brilliant) Hermes courier has been collecting and delivering as usual, and any parcels I've sent have reached their destinations with no delays or problems.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 15th May 18, 2:45 PM
    • 8,815 Posts
    • 5,109 Thanks
    RFW
    My local (brilliant) Hermes courier has been collecting and delivering as usual, and any parcels I've sent have reached their destinations with no delays or problems.
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    Are you in SW London?
    • November2
    • By November2 16th May 18, 10:06 AM
    • 813 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    November2
    They have to employ drivers and it looks like they don't have one for your area. Very annoying, you should however at some point be able to claim compensation for delayed deliveries so may work out better for you in the end, although you may have problems with Ebay buyers leaving you late delivery blips. Ebay might remove them as tracking will show you dropped parcels off.

Sometimes when I go to book a parcel for London I get the 'we don't deliver to this area' message, It must be absolute hell being a London courier driver, I can imagine it being very difficult to employ or keep any.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 16th May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 8,815 Posts
    • 5,109 Thanks
    RFW
    They have to employ drivers and it looks like they don't have one for your area.
    Originally posted by November2
    If they can't get a driver for SW London then it doesn't bode well for them. I agree London must be horrendous to be a courier driver but in this case they've only got to pick up from a shop and drop them off at a depot. They could send any old cab to do that.
    I'd understand if it was in the Highlands but this doesn't seem right at all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

453Posts Today

4,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Follow Martin