The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

MyHermes in trouble...no parcel collections for shop drop-offs for 5 days now in SW London

I'm really concerned that MyHermes has failed to collect parcels I've dropped-off at my local newsagents in SW London for the last 5 days now (mainly ebay sales). There are piles of them stacked up now in there now. This shop say they have also not been given a new receipt book for 1 week now....so I have no receipt for my parcel drop-offs! Contacted MyHermes myself and I basically asked them straight are they going out of business?.....simply got a generic non-human reply with no help whatsoever. So...has anybody heard anything? I'm worried...I don't want my ebay parcels lost in the post like it happened with CitiLink when they went bankcrupt?!

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,287
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    More likely lost the driver who was doing that round and not filled it yet
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,025
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I suspect it's like Browntoa says and they've lost their local drivers and can't get replacements. Post on their Facebook or twitter feed and see what help they can give you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,009
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not wanting to make you panic more but if no one else has had a problem I'd also start worrying about the shop you're dropping them off at.
  • ccme
    ccme Posts: 5 Forumite
    ...it's not 1 shop...it's several in the London south-west area, I've been asking around trying to see what I can do to get my ebay parcels sent....had the same issue with CitiLink years ago....I remember they just stopped collecting up to Christmas that year and then stopped doing business altogether....I was in the live chat queue for 23 minutes before getting through to a rep - which is unusual...so something's up!
  • Campden
    Campden Posts: 222
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Operating normally in South London.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,025
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    ccme wrote: »
    ...it's not 1 shop...it's several in the London south-west area, I've been asking around trying to see what I can do to get my ebay parcels sent....had the same issue with CitiLink years ago....I remember they just stopped collecting up to Christmas that year and then stopped doing business altogether....I was in the live chat queue for 23 minutes before getting through to a rep - which is unusual...so something's up!

There's no 'noise' on any of the forums I use about MyHermes having issues, so it looks like something localised. If it were National I would expect more people to be complaining.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ccme wrote: »

No problems in my area. Annoying (very!) for you, but please don't stir up a storm where none exists - really not helpful.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    yup , hermes are "still" useless
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,681
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    yup , hermes are "still" useless
    Just a bit more useless in some areas than others ;)
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    My local (brilliant) Hermes courier has been collecting and delivering as usual, and any parcels I've sent have reached their destinations with no delays or problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure