Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gee Whiz
    • By Gee Whiz 14th May 18, 3:59 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gee Whiz
    I Phone 6 Some contacts keep getting blocked
    • 14th May 18, 3:59 PM
    I Phone 6 Some contacts keep getting blocked 14th May 18 at 3:59 PM
    I have an I Phone 6. For some reasons certain contacts consistently get blocked. It is nearly always the same people, my other contact remain. What is the reason for this and how do I resolve the problem Do I need to reset the phone to factory settings.
Page 1
    • BrianWilliams
    • By BrianWilliams 14th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    BrianWilliams
    • 14th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:08 PM
    We had the same problem a little while ago.After a lot of head scratching we found out incredibly that it came about by something from one of our social media accounts. We closed the account deleting all our contacts and the put our I Phone back to factory settings which caused a lot of work as we had to put all our contacts back in. nevertheless this did solve the problem. We did not reopen the offending social media.It has been OK ever since.
    • Mikes The Name
    • By Mikes The Name 14th May 18, 4:38 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Mikes The Name
    • 14th May 18, 4:38 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:38 PM
    We had problems with our I phone both contacts were blocked and our WhatsApp account. We went into an I store who were most unhelpful. They said our model was no longer supported and we should buy a newer model.Previously we did have problems with our G Mail account which had been hacked. We closed this account. Reset our I Phone to factory setting . We stopped using an G Mail account and used an alternative to WhatsApp. That seems to have solved most of the problems. We did however identify a contact ( one that was on WhatsApp,)that as soon as we communicated them by any form E Mail or social media and this continue to cause us problems. This persons contact somehow corrupted the I Phone!!! So we now use the phone only as contact for this individual who does the same with us.This was a month ago and since then so far everything seems to be working OK. Only time will tell. Strange and illogical but true.
    Last edited by Mikes The Name; 15-05-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    • JAK57
    • By JAK57 15th May 18, 2:20 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    JAK57
    • 15th May 18, 2:20 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:20 PM
    You are not the first to have problems with I phones especially older model which are no longer supported. I have an older model and do have minor problems every now and again. I am aware of problems with G Mail accounts. However it may be Your I Cloud account that is causing the issue especially if you are also using an I Pad as they talk to each other. Try closing your I cloud account and setting up another. Also apart from the work involved reinstating all your contacts resetting your I phone to factory setting could resolve the problem.Never heard of WhatsApp causing the problems identified but your learn something new every day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

1,407Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin