Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stephen4425
    • By Stephen4425 14th May 18, 2:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Stephen4425
    Auto Transport Industry
    • 14th May 18, 2:43 PM
    Auto Transport Industry 14th May 18 at 2:43 PM
    Is It good to start auto shipping business with two trucks?
    I have a truck and thinking to buy Flatbed Trailer , need sincere3 opinions.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 14th May 18, 3:40 PM
    • 7,243 Posts
    • 6,510 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 14th May 18, 3:40 PM
    • 14th May 18, 3:40 PM
    Probably not, if that's the extent of your planning. You're thinking of shipping cars in which country?
    • lockedout69
    • By lockedout69 14th May 18, 4:20 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    lockedout69
    • 14th May 18, 4:20 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:20 PM
    Better to start auto shipping business with two trucks than it would be with four microwave ovens (and no trucks) for instance.

Hth
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 15th May 18, 12:45 PM
    • 2,865 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 15th May 18, 12:45 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:45 PM
    Is It good to start auto shipping business with two trucks?
    I have a truck and thinking to buy Flatbed Trailer , need sincere3 opinions.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Stephen4425
    Do you have an operators license if they're >3.5 tonne? If you're running transit van type vehicles or even a 4x4 type truck/offroader, something like a Ford Ranger/Mitsubishi Landcruiser/Vauxhall Frontera etc once you put a trailer on and the total plated weight of the vehicle and trailer exceed 3.5 tonnes you will need to have the vehicle fitted with a tachograph, the drivers will need to use a tachograph when towing the trailer even if it is empty and they will need to comply with all EU drivers hours regulations. As the operator you will need to comply with all duties in respect to tachographs including analysis and record keeping.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 15th May 18, 12:50 PM
    • 3,739 Posts
    • 4,355 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 15th May 18, 12:50 PM
    • 15th May 18, 12:50 PM
    Do you have an operators license if they're >3.5 tonne? If you're running transit van type vehicles or even a 4x4 type truck/offroader, something like a Ford Ranger/Mitsubishi Landcruiser/Vauxhall Frontera etc once you put a trailer on and the total plated weight of the vehicle and trailer exceed 3.5 tonnes you will need to have the vehicle fitted with a tachograph, the drivers will need to use a tachograph when towing the trailer even if it is empty and they will need to comply with all EU drivers hours regulations. As the operator you will need to comply with all duties in respect to tachographs including analysis and record keeping.
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    Given the language used in the OP I suspect he/she will not be impacted by UK or (I'd hazard a guess) EU regulations.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,722Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin