Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mandy44d
    • By mandy44d 14th May 18, 2:42 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 4Thanks
    mandy44d
    Does anyone use thermal printers with RM click and drop
    • 14th May 18, 2:42 PM
    Does anyone use thermal printers with RM click and drop 14th May 18 at 2:42 PM
    I find the click and drop site a real pain for printing off postage labels and saw thermal printers can be bought cheaply from box atm . Has used thermal printers, they just seem to be much more convenient than having to chop up A4 sheets and the hassle of continually switching trays on my current printer.

I don't do high volume of mail just find it such a pain as all my postage is printed these days as it's more convinient than stamps
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th May 18, 3:02 PM
    • 60,588 Posts
    • 43,208 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th May 18, 3:02 PM
    • 14th May 18, 3:02 PM
    I find the click and drop site a real pain for printing off postage labels and saw thermal printers can be bought cheaply from box atm . Has used thermal printers, they just seem to be much more convenient than having to chop up A4 sheets and the hassle of continually switching trays on my current printer.

I don't do high volume of mail just find it such a pain as all my postage is printed these days as it's more convinient than stamps
    Originally posted by mandy44d
    I bought the Zebra printer GK420d direct from Royal mail , they supply all the label rolls as well, you just have to order rolls whenever you start running short. The fact I am no longer paying for paper or printer ink means this has probably paid for itself in less than a year.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • mandy44d
    • By mandy44d 14th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mandy44d
    • 14th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 14th May 18, 3:18 PM
    Do you use click and drop soolin? If so does everything link together smoothly for alignments etc. Do you use the printers software to align things or do the RM have compatable templates for th thermal printers.

The amount of money it can cost in sticky labels and the hassle of cutting everything I can easily see one paying for itself even if it's only paid back in less hassle.

Do you know if RM will only work with the Zebra or are other thermal printers OK as box are selling off some open box Brother ones dirt cheap atm. Trid looking on youtube but click and drop is relativel new so couldn't find any tutorials with a quick search , I'll try again when I've more time.

edit: noticed it was just the labels not the actual printer , ooops.

Got me thinking about getting one now though if I can get a reasonably cheap one that'd link with RM, I guess even simply printing the labels and using stamps has got to be better than the hassle printing va click and buy is now.
    Last edited by mandy44d; 14-05-2018 at 3:27 PM.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th May 18, 3:36 PM
    • 60,588 Posts
    • 43,208 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th May 18, 3:36 PM
    • 14th May 18, 3:36 PM
    Do you use click and drop soolin? If so does everything link together smoothly for alignments etc. Do you use the printers software to align things or do the RM have compatable templates for th thermal printers.

The amount of money it can cost in sticky labels and the hassle of cutting everything I can easily see one paying for itself even if it's only paid back in less hassle.

Do you know if RM will only work with the Zebra or are other thermal printers OK as box are selling off some open box Brother ones dirt cheap atm. Trid looking on youtube but click and drop is relativel new so couldn't find any tutorials with a quick search , I'll try again when I've more time.

edit: noticed it was just the labels not the actual printer , ooops.

Got me thinking about getting one now though if I can get a reasonably cheap one that'd link with RM, I guess even simply printing the labels and using stamps has got to be better than the hassle printing va click and buy is now.
    Originally posted by mandy44d

I use a business account via click and drop , I had to manually set up the link myself, but even with my poor level of tech knowledge found it quite easy. So I do exactly the same as I used to do , just buy my postage , click print, (make sure I'm on the right printer) and the labels all shoot out pre paid and addressed, I stick them on and Bobs my uncle.

RM supply the labels for free in rolls of 1000 so it's even better. its daft but I can't remember how much the printer was, either 140 or 180, I found details online via RM, phoned RM who gave me a code to buy from a warehouse at a special price and it arrived next day.

I wish I'd done it a lot sooner.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

3,627Users online

Martin's Twitter