Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gazhagu
    • By gazhagu 14th May 18, 2:18 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    gazhagu
    Heartier meat products
    • 14th May 18, 2:18 PM
    Heartier meat products 14th May 18 at 2:18 PM
    I had the BBQ box + roast joints. I was very disappointed in what I received. the pork joint was tiny and had the biggest bit of rind fat I have ever seen. once that is taken away there might be enough for one person definitely not two. the burgers and steaks were full of fat and didn't look appetising at all. this was originally priced at 79.99, I paid 35 + P&P total of 40 using a code from this site. I feel ripped off having paid 40 so how they can sell this for 80 in good conscience I will never know. I can go to Lidl and get better quality meat and pay less for it. I will not be shopping with them again and I will also do more research before using codes from this site.
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 16,164 Posts
    • 12,206 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 14th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 14th May 18, 7:24 PM
    I had the BBQ box + roast joints. I was very disappointed in what I received. the pork joint was tiny and had the biggest bit of rind fat I have ever seen. once that is taken away there might be enough for one person definitely not two. the burgers and steaks were full of fat and didn't look appetising at all. this was originally priced at 79.99, I paid 35 + P&P total of 40 using a code from this site. I feel ripped off having paid 40 so how they can sell this for 80 in good conscience I will never know. I can go to Lidl and get better quality meat and pay less for it. I will not be shopping with them again and I will also do more research before using codes from this site.
    Originally posted by gazhagu
    Doesn't this explain the burgers ?

"Our farmers' native breed cows are outdoor reared and grass fed, growing and maturing at their natural pace to develop a high fat content that keeps the meat moist during cooking. With our butchers then hanging and dry aging all of the gorgeous meat for at least 21 days, you're left with incredibly tasty beef, whichever cut you go for."

All the weights are given, so you shouldn't be surprised at the size of the joints.
    IS Lidl high welfare then?
    Last edited by hollydays; 14-05-2018 at 8:30 PM.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 14th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 3,874 Posts
    • 6,686 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 14th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 14th May 18, 7:59 PM
    The steak that is full of fat is going to be one of the tastiest steaks you've ever eaten, it's the fat that gives it flavour, just look at some nice expensive filet mignon, it is well marbled and full of flavour.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,838Posts Today

7,101Users online

Martin's Twitter