Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ctbfc
    • By ctbfc 14th May 18, 2:16 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 76Thanks
    ctbfc
    Tesco current account - clubcard points
    • 14th May 18, 2:16 PM
    Tesco current account - clubcard points 14th May 18 at 2:16 PM
    Quick question regarding this before I ask Tesco themselves as I've not been able to find anything online. I have a Tesco current account which I use for the weekly shop. Our Tesco groceries account is in my partner's name, a separate clubcard account to mine.

I pay for the shop using my Tesco bank card on her account, how are the points divided? Are the extra points allocated to her clubcard account, or is everything allocated to my account as it's my card? Or will the points for the shopping be allocated to her and the bank points allocated to me? Hope that makes sense!
Page 1
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 14th May 18, 4:20 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 14th May 18, 4:20 PM
    • 14th May 18, 4:20 PM
    Depends on what clubcard is on the account... I'm assuming this is an online purchase...

You will get 1 point per 1 allocated to the clubcard on the account (presumably hers).

You will get 1 point per 1 for Tesco Debit Card spend at Tesco, allocated to the Tesco Debit Card clubcard (yours).
    • ctbfc
    • By ctbfc 14th May 18, 5:14 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    ctbfc
    • 14th May 18, 5:14 PM
    • 14th May 18, 5:14 PM
    Depends on what clubcard is on the account... I'm assuming this is an online purchase...

You will get 1 point per 1 allocated to the clubcard on the account (presumably hers).

You will get 1 point per 1 for Tesco Debit Card spend at Tesco, allocated to the Tesco Debit Card clubcard (yours).
    Originally posted by stevenhp1987
    Yes it's an online purchase.

Clubcard account is in her name.

Debit card is in my name.

I was just curious as the clubcard section on the delivery note is missing, but has a line saying 'with clubcard you could have earned 0 points on this transaction' Nothing is showing up on her online account yet either. I'll wait and see if anything is added in the next few days.
    • No_6
    • By No_6 14th May 18, 9:57 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    No_6
    • 14th May 18, 9:57 PM
    • 14th May 18, 9:57 PM
    phone Tesco and find out,,,,,,,, and let us know
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 15th May 18, 9:10 AM
    • 2,283 Posts
    • 955 Thanks
    20aday
    • 15th May 18, 9:10 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:10 AM
    Good morning,

I assume your OH has linked her Clubcard to her online shopping account with them?

In that case your OH would earn points earned on the food shopping whereas you'd earn the points on transaction-as an example if the bill was 40 your OH would earn 40 points and using your Clubcard Debit Card you should also, by rights, earn 40 points too.

As you're registered for Clubcard online when it comes to checking the statement (they are currently in the middle of processing the statements for May so you may have to keep looking over the next few days)-when it comes to viewing the most recent transactions you should see 'Clubcard Debit Card-Tesco Spend' on the list.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,621Posts Today

8,089Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin