Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marmitemum
    • By marmitemum 14th May 18, 12:07 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 10Thanks
    marmitemum
    Income question re mortgage application
    • 14th May 18, 12:07 PM
    Income question re mortgage application 14th May 18 at 12:07 PM
    My son in law is on 10k at the moment but this will rise to 25k in September. Will he be able to apply for a mortgage in September based on his 25k or will lenders want to wait till hes been in the job for a certain period of time?
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 14th May 18, 12:17 PM
    • 17,023 Posts
    • 8,914 Thanks
    ACG
    • 14th May 18, 12:17 PM
    • 14th May 18, 12:17 PM
    Some lenders would potentially accept an application prior to September if he has the pay rise in writing.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • marmitemum
    • By marmitemum 14th May 18, 12:21 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    marmitemum
    • 14th May 18, 12:21 PM
    • 14th May 18, 12:21 PM
    Thank you. It is a new job with a different company moving from a training position to a qualified position. That is very good to know.
    Last edited by marmitemum; 14-05-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Typo
    • ACG
    • By ACG 14th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 17,023 Posts
    • 8,914 Thanks
    ACG
    • 14th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 14th May 18, 12:35 PM
    There could still potentially be options prior to september.
    But there should also be options in September.

We have one at the minute just waiting on the offer to be issued where he started a job and 2 weeks later we were making an application. He has no pay slips, just a contract of employment/job offer letter.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

211Posts Today

2,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin