Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vix76
    • By Vix76 13th May 18, 10:04 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Vix76
    Virgin Media
    • 13th May 18, 10:04 PM
    Virgin Media 13th May 18 at 10:04 PM
    Hi i have a broadband/tv account with Virgin and i have done since 2004 and never missed a payment..I'm struggling financially and would like to downgrade ny account for a cheaper one but im worrying i wont pass a credit check if they run one as I've had debts go to a debt collector which they are accepting a reduced payment for..Does anyone know if Virgin are likely to run a credit check on me with me already been a longterm customer?..many thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th May 18, 10:07 PM
    • 18,624 Posts
    • 19,880 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th May 18, 10:07 PM
    • 13th May 18, 10:07 PM
    I doubt they will credit check you.

And even if they did, you can still downgrade if you're not within a contract period. The absolute worst is that they would close your account, which would save you even more money.
    • Vix76
    • By Vix76 13th May 18, 10:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vix76
    • 13th May 18, 10:11 PM
    • 13th May 18, 10:11 PM
    Thank you,thats the point though,i don't want them to close my account as i rely on the broadband
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 13th May 18, 10:38 PM
    • 2,109 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 13th May 18, 10:38 PM
    • 13th May 18, 10:38 PM
    They do:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/credit-checking-policy.html

But itís mainly to confirm identity etc.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 14th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 4,244 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 14th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 14th May 18, 9:18 AM
    You need to contact them, regardless of whether they run a credit check.
    If you are struggling financially, don't let the thought of a credit check ruin your chances of getting a service for less money.
    There are plenty of other BB providers out there so I doubt they would want you to go elsewhere - please don't be put off contacting them out of fear of a credit check.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

877Posts Today

7,163Users online

Martin's Twitter