Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • seatbeltnoob
    • By seatbeltnoob 13th May 18, 9:07 PM
    • 472Posts
    • 109Thanks
    seatbeltnoob
    cheap place to get hold of strawberry plants
    • 13th May 18, 9:07 PM
    cheap place to get hold of strawberry plants 13th May 18 at 9:07 PM
    I have built a strawberry tower that holds 48 plants and going to move them from my exisiting growing area. I have maybe 30-45 of them.

However I am going to build 2 more strawberry towers and would like to fill the towers this year, so by next year I have some good production.

I know strawberries multiply like weed and waiting a couple of years should give me the number of plants I need. However I am a little impatient and willing to spend the money.

I'm curious as to where I can source strawberry plants for cheap. I came across very small ones in b&q, which worked out 1 each (box of 8 for 8). But I am looking to get them for a lot cheaper.

Are there any garden centres in or near London that will have what I am looking for?
Page 1
    • FabFifty
    • By FabFifty 13th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    FabFifty
    • 13th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 13th May 18, 9:09 PM
    Ask on your local freecycle/freegle? Would you consider wild strawberry plants?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 13th May 18, 9:11 PM
    • 16,738 Posts
    • 42,240 Thanks
    elsien
    • 13th May 18, 9:11 PM
    • 13th May 18, 9:11 PM
    Local plants fairs and car boots? Local nursery would also likely to be better quality and more likely to survive from those from the sheds.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 13th May 18, 10:39 PM
    • 32,441 Posts
    • 19,491 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 13th May 18, 10:39 PM
    • 13th May 18, 10:39 PM
    Spread the plants you have out a bit and use the years runners to populate the gaps if you don' find any cheap enough.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,768Posts Today

9,160Users online

Martin's Twitter