Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • siggy2k1
    • By siggy2k1 13th May 18, 7:14 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    siggy2k1
    0 WOW
    Hotel Refuse to Give Compensation They Offered
    • 13th May 18, 7:14 PM
    0 WOW
    Hotel Refuse to Give Compensation They Offered 13th May 18 at 7:14 PM
    Hi,

I was hoping someone had some advice on who I could direct an issue to in regard to a hotel chain that has reneged on an offer of compensation they offered us in writing.

We traveled to Rome last September after our honeymoon and stayed at the Eurostars Saint John Hotel. Whilst we were there we had a problem with our room that we raised multiple times and were told "it would be fixed", then "there was no problem", then afterwards they told us they knew about the issue all along and they couldn't fix it in the time we were there.

I wrote an email to them on our return and they offered us a partial refund and 2 free nights stay the next time we visit.

We received the rfund and have been looking a visiting Rome again so I enquired how we should go about claiming the 2 free nights we were offered. I was passed around from person to person, ignored for a while and was eventually told that we are no longer entitled to it anymore as the person that offered it no longer works there, which is pretty astonishing!

I replied saying that it wasn't acceptable as they had agreed to it and attached the email with the offer but they have just ignored me since and won't give me the details for their head office.

Does anyone know who I can contact in this case?

Thanks
Page 1
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 13th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 951 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 13th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 13th May 18, 7:45 PM
    My only suggestion is that you pay to stay there then take legal action to recover the cost of the two nights, which obviously isn't guaranteed to be successful.

Here's some info on the EU Small Claims process:
    https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 3,577 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 13th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 13th May 18, 7:53 PM
    Why do you even want to stay there anymore if they're giving you the run-around like this? Book somewhere else would be my advice.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 14th May 18, 8:46 AM
    • 667 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 14th May 18, 8:46 AM
    • 14th May 18, 8:46 AM
    I would be more than happy with the refund - and move on.

As above, why would you want to return to this hotel ?
    • Westin
    • By Westin 14th May 18, 1:41 PM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 1,155 Thanks
    Westin
    • 14th May 18, 1:41 PM
    • 14th May 18, 1:41 PM
    Not sure how far you want to go with this but suggestions from me would be:

(a) Try posting on the Facebook/Twitter pages in a polite way the disappointment of being promised this offer and it being withdrawn. Social media shaming might work.

(b) They are part of Hotusa Group (http://www.hotusagroup.com/). Via Linkedin look for someone senior in that organisation and make contact with them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,071Posts Today

6,674Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's FRI Twitter poll: As everyone knows, you're a creative genius with an huge range of highly honed skills.? https://t.co/KV5FHAqK6v

• Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Follow Martin