Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 13th May 18, 7:12 PM
    • 1,080Posts
    • 347Thanks
    WLM21
    Using a football team name in an Ebay listing for home made item
    • 13th May 18, 7:12 PM
    Using a football team name in an Ebay listing for home made item 13th May 18 at 7:12 PM
    Can you sell an item related to a football team which is NOT an official team product.. Say something like a home made scarf in claret and blue for West Ham
Page 1
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 13th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 7,694 Posts
    • 22,241 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 13th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 13th May 18, 7:59 PM
    So long as you are clear it's not Official - but if you've made something yourself, might you not get a better price on Etsy?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th May 18, 8:33 PM
    • 26,936 Posts
    • 10,844 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 13th May 18, 8:33 PM
    • 13th May 18, 8:33 PM
    Is it just claret and blue or does it have a logo or similar?

If its just a 2 colour scarf then advertised as such should attract the buyers
    your aiming at. But mentioning the team may cause issues for yourself.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 13th May 18, 9:45 PM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 13th May 18, 9:45 PM
    • 13th May 18, 9:45 PM
    If you describe it as "a scarf in West Ham colours ( claret & blue ) " , and not " A West Ham scarf" you should be okay
    https://www.facebook.com/MidgeUreInformationService
    • RFW
    • By RFW 13th May 18, 11:26 PM
    • 8,692 Posts
    • 5,061 Thanks
    RFW
    • 13th May 18, 11:26 PM
    • 13th May 18, 11:26 PM
    There's a host of problems around football clubs, some easy to get around some not. For example Arsenal is a trademarked name, Liverpool is not. If you are infringing on copyright then, in my opinion, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Each club has a variety of protection via trademarks on various aspects of their name and colours. Some are quite protective and litigious.

You could try asking your local trading standards if you would be breaking any laws by selling the product you want to sell.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,105Posts Today

9,044Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin