Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 13th May 18, 7:00 PM
    • 20,774Posts
    • 235,770Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread - 14th May 2018
    • 13th May 18, 7:00 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread - 14th May 2018 13th May 18 at 7:00 PM
    What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don't stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    WUDUPA ~ washed up, dried up, put away
    WUALTD ~ washed up and left to dry
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Monday - Spoil yourself - the boudoir!
    ]Your bedroom should be a clutter-free room in which to relax and recover. Hopefully waking up in a clean, tidy bedroom will give you the oomph to attack the rest of the house.

Level 1

Open the window
    Strip the bed and wash the sheets
    Clear the floor/chairdrobe
    Take out any rubbish
    Wipe sockets, switches and door handles with a just-damp cloth

Level 2

Dust/wipe/vacuum the bedframe inc headboard
    Remake the bed
    Open the window and wipe the frame
    Clean the sill and window

Level 3

Dust everywhere
    Sweep/wipe/mop floor
    Clear out a drawer - even if it's just a little one in a bedside table

Extras

S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    Mad half hour - work on a challenge OR batch bake/double up on a meal and freeze some - I am aware that some flyladies are really busy caring for others right now - see if you can free up some food prepping time by making a freezeable meal.
    HHI

Tuesday Twinkles - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Clean table - don't forget the legs!
    Wipe mats and/or change cloth
    Wipe sockets and switches
    Clear worktops and wipe down
    Wipe kettle/clean toaster
    Clean/wipe whatever lives on worktop
    Put everything else away

Level 2

Clean drawer and cupboard fronts
    Clear moulding/rotting furries from fridge and wipe out
    Ungunge drain holes
    If you've time remove shelves etc and wash out properly

Level 3

Wipe hob and oven
    Sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Clean windows and wipe sills

Extras

peg out some washing
    open some windows
    HHI
    S&S bathroom
    If you've got littlies half term looms - make some plans

Wonderful Wednesday - hump day - and bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows wide open
    If you have a shower curtain that can be machine washed get it in the machine and on the line to dry in the sunshine
    If not - then wash towels/bathmats/facecloths
    Flush the loo and fling some cleaner down
    Scrub inside and out - don't forget the handles/buttons
    Empty bathroom bins

Level 2

If you've an extractor fan get the vacuum on it - shift that dust
    Scrub the bath/shower and polish the screen too
    Polish taps and brightwork - don't forget hoses!

Level 3
    Scrub the sink
    Wipe and cupboard tops, doors, drawers and handles - don't forget the pull switch
    Sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    If you use anti mould/mildew spray spritz the grout with that (I just found one in Savers...I that shop) and leave to do its work!

Extras

HHI
    S&S kitchen. My MAD half hour - challenge work OR pull some weeds or cut some grass or water some thirsty plants (as long as they're not being baked by the sun)

Have a lovely Wednesday x

Thursday Thrills - Love your Lounge

Level 1

Fling any carp
    Wipe or vacuum upholstery - turn/rotate moveable seat pads
    Plump cushions
    With a just-damp cloth wipe light switches, handles and sockets

Level 2

Dust and polish all furniture
    De-web

Level 3

Dust skirtings
    Vacuum, sweep or mop floor

Extras

Check all smoke alarms are fully-functional
    Make sure you know where your keys are to get out if you need to - and make sure any overnight guests know too - especially, if like mine, all your doors are key-locked.
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    HHI
    MAD half hour - post what you do!

Friday fling

Kids room

Level 1

Clear floor
    Open windows
    Strip bed and air it

Level 2

Remake bed
    Clean windows
    Wipe sticky marks

Level 3

Dust furniture
    Sweep mop or vacuum floor

Extras
    S&s kitchen
    Ss bathroom
    HHI

Mad half hour in the garden
    Last edited by Valli; 17-05-2018 at 8:59 PM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 3
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 17th May 18, 5:54 AM
    • 4,786 Posts
    • 55,521 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Hope youre all ok.

Paid stuff, dog walks, and hair cut here today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    • Itisme
    • By Itisme 17th May 18, 6:48 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Itisme
    I've put some clothes away, and now I'm going to do some colouring. I want to learn how to pace better, and also not feel the need to do more -- less is more, as they say. Want to do a bit of de-cluttering too -- it's been awhile.
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 17th May 18, 7:19 AM
    • 830 Posts
    • 9,896 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Morning all.

It's an early (to me!) start at work today. In theory an early finish then....

WM running in the hope that I can get it on the line soon. QHI cleared. What I get done later depends on what time I get back. It should be the bathroom, but weeding might be calling me. Both seem to be never ending 'must do'.

Catch up later. X
    • klew356
    • By klew356 17th May 18, 8:31 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 2,023 Thanks
    klew356
    I printed out the TOMM checklist yesterday, i think i might have a go at that, i cant remember what area of the house i have to work on tonight but i will do that plus 15 minutes in the garden !!!8211; god im knackered didn!!!8217;t sleep well at all!
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 17th May 18, 9:19 AM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 37,566 Thanks
    ionafan
    Morning all Beautiful sunshine here again after a cloudy, windy day yesterday.

Congratulations pigpen on your Slinkiness and Flingage

And to Dizzy for lifting our spirits with such good news Glad your DH is happy in his new job - it makes all the difference, doesn't it?

My DH is moping because he's been told not to go to his volunteer job until he's had a medical with their duty Dr

I printed out the TOMM checklist yesterday, i think i might have a go at that, i cant remember what area of the house i have to work on tonight but i will do that plus 15 minutes in the garden !!!8211; god im knackered didn!!!8217;t sleep well at all!
    Originally posted by klew356
    What on earth is a TOMM checklist? It sounds horrendous! Are you following American Flylady? We are much less rigid on this thread - we do what we can, when we can, and only use the lists to nudge us along in the right direction: babysteps all the way. I do have a Toots list (if you don't know what that is, follow the link in the first post) but some of the items on it have been here for months if not years. Hopefully they will get done within my lifetime, but I'm not promising!

Had a good meeting yesterday with another of my mentors and have decided which essay to tackle for our main college module this term. I've got a Saturday module meeting this weekend - our last one: only 7 weeks to the end of term, plus about 4 assignments. Soooooooo looking forward to a rest in July!

I haven't done a lot of flying since last week except WMx???, but will get DH to hoover this morning, and that might encourage me to dust. I have at least decluttered lots of Rosie's hair (gave her a good brush last night), and I have sold the baby car seat which all my DGC have grown out of. The other one I was thinking of selling is suitable for up to 12 years, so I might keep that after all, though DS2 said I could always use theirs - but, thinking aloud, that's not much use if I have to go and fetch the boys up from school and can't pick up their own seats first. Yep, decision made!

So today I must
    - clean bathroom
    - clean kitchen including steam mopping the floor
    - get DH to hoover downstairs
    - dust downstairs
    - file some papers and declutter the study bedroom
    - tidy our BR
    - ask DH when he is going to pressure wash the decking
    - go out for a walk on the hills with DH and Rosie (we shall leave him sitting on a bench with a view of the bluebells and go off somewhere she can run and play) and have bacon sandwich from the caf! for lunch
    - take my depressed friend out for a cuppa somewhere local
    - finish and email two pieces of college work (fortunately not assignments with a deadline)

DH has prepared breakfast, so I will go and eat it.

Big (((hugs))) to Froddy, dancemum, atb, and anyone else in need at this time.

Hope everyone has a good day xx
    Last edited by ionafan; 17-05-2018 at 9:21 AM.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 17th May 18, 1:57 PM
    • 5,406 Posts
    • 53,445 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    high value treats only used for recall and dont just recall when they are legging it recall within 3 feet and 6 feet and always reward, i use a key word 'look' when i say look my dog must look at me and he will be rewarded for that, we do this even when watching tv, small steps!
    Originally posted by klew356
    Excellent tips Klew, thank you for that. I'm going to work on that when he and I are in the sitting room on our own.

'Stuff' is going. I've cleared three shelves in a cupboard and the upper part of the dresser in my office. I can now consolidate all my sewing stuff on to those shelves and put the fabric in the lower part which will make a huge difference to my life. Decisions taken about stuff to sell through Grumtree, Bay of E, chazza and scrapstore. Not much will be going to the tip - 1 pillow so far is all I've managed to find that is beyond redemption.

It's such a relief to get cracking on it again because I've been bogged down for months and I'm desperate to get this DONE. Watching decluttering videos on Utoob and working in 20 minute bursts on the decisions stage has made it much more do-able than working until it's done, or one area from start to finish. Going back after doing something else straightforward means it's easy to make again. Any more than 20 minute bursts of decisions just don't work for me.

Did a quick calculation of the decluttering donations OH and I made last year through to receiving the annual gift aid statement from the local charity shop and it turns out we've decluttered quite a healthy sum to three local charities. We gave ourselves and pat on the back and took ourselves out to lunch to celebrate.

And did the bathroom sink.
    Keeping it AF
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 17th May 18, 4:50 PM
    • 5,406 Posts
    • 53,445 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Well that was obviously meant to be. I've spent four hours sorting through stuff and came downstairs to trundle Kelpie to find a flyer on the doormat about a table top sale in 10 days time about 100 yds away in a church hall. Because it's during the History Festival I assumed I'd already booked to do something interesting, but apparently not. So that's all booked and confirmed and even more stuff will be boxed up for that, and whatever doesn't sell will still go to local chazzas but I get to make a bit of money first. I hope.
    Keeping it AF
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 17th May 18, 6:22 PM
    • 25,349 Posts
    • 102,409 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Absolutely manic day at work today - constantly on the go from as soon as I walked in the door until about 2.30pm, then a tiny lull to get on with some more urgent stuff, then it all kicked off again. And Silly Season seems to be in full swing, going by some of the completely ridiculous things that happened.

Himself dropped in to say hello during his breaks a couple of times, took one look, turned around and went away again. Finally dropped in at the end of his shift and I gave him my bag to carry home because I knew any extra weight would be a complete nuisance when I finished an hour later. Was on my last legs as I got in through the door, but at least he'd got some food going (not a lot, but it was something) and my first cuppa of the day (which was blissful, but all too small a mug).

He's gone for a little rest upstairs because he's 'been very busy since early today'. His voice did start tailing off once he received his 'look'. He was there, he saw a tiny slice of what I actually deal with - perhaps eventually, by the end of the exams, he'll actually appreciate quite what's involved in a day at my job; he's helped out at events before, but actually seeing the day to day is hopefully illuminating - and encourages him to get himself out there working, where, for all the stresses, he knows it's a whole lot easier (and better paid).

Going to see whether there's something interesting that I can raid from the fridge and then I'm doing absolutely nothing at all.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 18th May 18, 7:17 AM
    • 4,786 Posts
    • 55,521 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Anniversary here and start of a weekend away of celebrations with family, friends and friends we just have not met yet. So I will not be posting or flying.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 18th May 18, 7:46 AM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 37,566 Thanks
    ionafan
    Happy Anniversary and Happy Weekend Jazee!

Managed to declutter almost all my list yesterday, and also mowed the lawn. Hoping that DH will deal with the decking today, while I'm out with Rosie - he can lift the patio pots on the lawn while it dries!

Busy today with more paperwork, R's class and walk, and taking her to kennels later. DH was supposed to be working on the heritage railway tomorrow, but now he isn't allowed to (refer back to my previous post), so he could have looked after her while I'm out tomorrow, but I will use the booking and we will have an evening out tomorrow without me feeling guilty about leaving her all day and all evening.

Hope the sun is shining where you are! x
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 18th May 18, 8:47 AM
    • 830 Posts
    • 9,896 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Good morning

Have a lovely weekend, Jazee.

Yesterday's lists were done in a roundabout way. The bathrooms were cleaned, and rather than weeding the allotment (which I am sure that I will regret very soon), I spent my MAD repotting some squash plants. I'm pleased to report that my Honey Bear squash is doing particularly well so far..

I'm late into work today, as I have to take DD to the doctor's shortly. I'm hoping against hope that it's nothing sinister. The plan is then to drop her at school and straight on to work. In between the normal daily chaos, I have to write some policies. Deep joy.

Have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine. **whispers** am I the only one that would like just a little bit of rain one night to water the garden? i can't believe I'm even thinking that after the recent months!
    • klew356
    • By klew356 18th May 18, 9:24 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 2,023 Thanks
    klew356
    Morning all Beautiful sunshine here again after a cloudy, windy day yesterday.

Congratulations pigpen on your Slinkiness and Flingage

And to Dizzy for lifting our spirits with such good news Glad your DH is happy in his new job - it makes all the difference, doesn't it?

My DH is moping because he's been told not to go to his volunteer job until he's had a medical with their duty Dr

What on earth is a TOMM checklist? It sounds horrendous! Are you following American Flylady? We are much less rigid on this thread - we do what we can, when we can, and only use the lists to nudge us along in the right direction: babysteps all the way. I do have a Toots list (if you don't know what that is, follow the link in the first post) but some of the items on it have been here for months if not years. Hopefully they will get done within my lifetime, but I'm not promising!

Had a good meeting yesterday with another of my mentors and have decided which essay to tackle for our main college module this term. I've got a Saturday module meeting this weekend - our last one: only 7 weeks to the end of term, plus about 4 assignments. Soooooooo looking forward to a rest in July!

I haven't done a lot of flying since last week except WMx???, but will get DH to hoover this morning, and that might encourage me to dust. I have at least decluttered lots of Rosie's hair (gave her a good brush last night), and I have sold the baby car seat which all my DGC have grown out of. The other one I was thinking of selling is suitable for up to 12 years, so I might keep that after all, though DS2 said I could always use theirs - but, thinking aloud, that's not much use if I have to go and fetch the boys up from school and can't pick up their own seats first. Yep, decision made!

So today I must
    - clean bathroom
    - clean kitchen including steam mopping the floor
    - get DH to hoover downstairs
    - dust downstairs
    - file some papers and declutter the study bedroom
    - tidy our BR
    - ask DH when he is going to pressure wash the decking
    - go out for a walk on the hills with DH and Rosie (we shall leave him sitting on a bench with a view of the bluebells and go off somewhere she can run and play) and have bacon sandwich from the caf! for lunch
    - take my depressed friend out for a cuppa somewhere local
    - finish and email two pieces of college work (fortunately not assignments with a deadline)

DH has prepared breakfast, so I will go and eat it.

Big (((hugs))) to Froddy, dancemum, atb, and anyone else in need at this time.

Hope everyone has a good day xx
    Originally posted by ionafan
    TOMM< the organised mum method, designated rooms for a certain days just offering more organisation into the house work thats all it seems like a good method im going to give it a go anyway

• klew356
    • By klew356 18th May 18, 9:28 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 2,023 Thanks
    klew356
    Excellent tips Klew, thank you for that. I'm going to work on that when he and I are in the sitting room on our own.

'Stuff' is going. I've cleared three shelves in a cupboard and the upper part of the dresser in my office. I can now consolidate all my sewing stuff on to those shelves and put the fabric in the lower part which will make a huge difference to my life. Decisions taken about stuff to sell through Grumtree, Bay of E, chazza and scrapstore. Not much will be going to the tip - 1 pillow so far is all I've managed to find that is beyond redemption.

It's such a relief to get cracking on it again because I've been bogged down for months and I'm desperate to get this DONE. Watching decluttering videos on Utoob and working in 20 minute bursts on the decisions stage has made it much more do-able than working until it's done, or one area from start to finish. Going back after doing something else straightforward means it's easy to make again. Any more than 20 minute bursts of decisions just don't work for me.

Did a quick calculation of the decluttering donations OH and I made last year through to receiving the annual gift aid statement from the local charity shop and it turns out we've decluttered quite a healthy sum to three local charities. We gave ourselves and pat on the back and took ourselves out to lunch to celebrate.

And did the bathroom sink.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    its a really good way of getting that connection with your dog while your out, it helps if they are food orientated too! my terrier will now stop in his tracks if he is legging it to another dog for example and come back to me - happy days. its all in the timings when he locks eyes reward x
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 18th May 18, 1:27 PM
    • 36,881 Posts
    • 474,617 Thanks
    pigpen
    Nails done
    drs visited
    parcel ready to post.
    fruit and veg bought
    DW run 1 load..
    lunch made and eaten
    car filled to go to tip.
    S&S kitchen
    swept paved bit.. cat smashed a glass ash tray so I had no choice
    Kitchen swept
    need to pop to pick up DS3's prescription

then chemist and post office...

easy peasy stuff..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/11/2018 51894.38 (2.41% int.)
    • supersaver1000
    • By supersaver1000 19th May 18, 10:35 AM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 13,225 Thanks
    supersaver1000
    Have tried flying a couple of years ago but I was so time and money poor it didn't really take off

I now am on the pay your debts off by xmas 18 thread and should get there, I've also got a lot more time and energy (dd can drive now so I'm no longer mum taxi as well), but for some reason seem to SOAADFA. Its so tempting to sit down after work and not get up again off the sofa. I am becoming one with the sofa

Sooo, I'd like to join in please. Excited to get started.
    1 x cc left : Flylady : Grocery club member : Old Style Weightloss lurker
    It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got

Need to rejoin the Grocery Budget thread - Completely Debt-free by April 2019 Jan 2019
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 19th May 18, 1:11 PM
    • 830 Posts
    • 9,896 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Welcome back Supersaver1000

It's a lovely day outside. The washing is outside, plants have been repotted, the bedroom window ledge is slowly being reclaimed from seed trays, and bread is on the go. DH has just come back safely from his week away, and I am just off to deliver DD to riding.

Must dash , so I hope everyone is having a lovely relaxing day.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 19th May 18, 2:33 PM
    • 5,406 Posts
    • 53,445 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Happy anniversary, Jazee! Have a lovely weekend.
    *Healing vibes* for Mr Ionafan.
    Welcome back Supersaver!

I'm pleased to report that my Honey Bear squash is doing particularly well so far..
    Originally posted by Fayolle
    Excellent news, on the squash front. I've discovered that if I fill up the four watering cans and place them strategically when I'm pottering in the yard, actual watering is very quick when needed. I'm defo not hoping for rain but the water butt is nearly dry and that's only ever happened once before. There is a very slight possibility of rain towards the end of next week but I think it's quite likely I'll have to resort to tapwater at some point soon. Must plant some courgette seeds in pots on the slugfree wall.

After another marathon session yesterday that left me too knackered to post, my Room of Doom is almost finished; the huge built-in bookcase, the dresser and craft cupboard have been emptied, cleaned, sorted and restocked with keepers. I've ended up with three clear 6' stretches of shelving (hurrah!) two boxes of gibble for the tabletop sale next Saturday and very little rubbish. The RoD has needed doing for at least two years so it's a huge weight off my mind.

I'm thinking that I may take all of the leftovers to a carboot on Sunday morning as it will all still be priced and boxed up. There is one that is civilized locally amongst all of the hideous ones so it wouldn't be too onerous to do it. Now I need to get back up to the attic to find more tat valuable treasures to sell.

We're in the middle of the local history festival and we went to a great talk on Drake's Leat on Tuesday, which was linked with a guided walk this morning along part of the Leat from Burrator. I'm ashamed to say that having lived in Plymouth for 30 years I'd never even been to Burrator. That situation was corrected this morning. Absolutely excellent, and I now realise I want to walk the entire length of the Leat route at some point in the future.
    Keeping it AF
    • supersaver1000
    • By supersaver1000 19th May 18, 4:09 PM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 13,225 Thanks
    supersaver1000
    Thank you Fayolle, Honeybear and fellow flyladies, I feel very welcomed

Honeybear, your post made me laugh, I have also been sorting out my tat valuables for re-sale

Have two cupboards that were full of 'valuables', but have now sorted it into - cupboard one holds 'valuables' to keep, cupboard two holds 'valuables' to sell and then there is a whole load of 'valuables' which I think will go straight to the chazzer shop - unless MrSS wants to keep any.

I've also had a quick flick round with the dishcloth in the kitchen and hoovered everywhere. Feeling very much like a flylady already
    1 x cc left : Flylady : Grocery club member : Old Style Weightloss lurker
    It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got

Need to rejoin the Grocery Budget thread - Completely Debt-free by April 2019 Jan 2019
    • Valli
    • By Valli 19th May 18, 6:52 PM
    • 20,774 Posts
    • 235,770 Thanks
    Valli
    Gardening, with the help of DD has been done. Also errands. Have discovered that the 'new' bathroom 'mould and mildew' spray cost ONLY 99p so AM THRILLED as it's way cheaper then the one from the expensive kitcnen shop. And at least as effective. Have two packs of M&S stir fry beef strips in freezer as YS. Boom.

DD wanted pansies to plant - well Wilk0 didn't have any. But what they did have were pelargoniums which my sister ALWAYS had in her pots outside. DD knew exactly why I chose to buy those.

Welcome Supersaver...
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 20th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 21,755 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Morning all!

Would you please all stop complaining about the lack of rain.

I, for one, am very much enjoying the dry weather...

No flying this weekend - got lots of visitors!!! House is a pit, I have a hangover, but hey!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

1,425Users online

Martin's Twitter