Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jade59
    • By jade59 13th May 18, 4:19 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jade59
    Monarch refund due before administration never received
    • 13th May 18, 4:19 PM
    Monarch refund due before administration never received 13th May 18 at 4:19 PM
    I have an email from the claims team at Monarch saying I am due to receive a cheque for a delayed flight from 2 years ago. I was due to receive this within 28 days however weeks later Monarch went bankrup. I never received my refund.

Should Monarch have still sent the cheque despite going into administration? Is there an organisation that I can complain to?
    Jade
Page 1
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 13th May 18, 6:17 PM
    • 15,108 Posts
    • 20,661 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 13th May 18, 6:17 PM
    • 13th May 18, 6:17 PM
    You could try writing to the administrators, KPMG.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 14th May 18, 10:01 AM
    • 3,110 Posts
    • 1,564 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 14th May 18, 10:01 AM
    • 14th May 18, 10:01 AM
    I am sorry to say you are simply a creditor of the business, and the debts were huge, so there is no chance of getting your money through the administration. The protection schemes that exist only protect those abroad at the time of failure and those who have booked travel prior to the collapse of the business, there is no protection for any existing debts. As an unsecured creditor, you simply add another small sum to the 465 million of unsecured creditors that KPMG reported in their first creditors' report
    Last edited by Alan Bowen; 15-05-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th May 18, 10:31 AM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 1,183 Thanks
    JPears
    • 14th May 18, 10:31 AM
    • 14th May 18, 10:31 AM
    If you paid by credit card, this maybe a case where the Section 75 may apply?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,531Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin