Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cjb1971
    • By cjb1971 13th May 18, 3:21 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 1Thanks
    cjb1971
    New door fitted with damaged side window frames.
    • 13th May 18, 3:21 PM
    New door fitted with damaged side window frames. 13th May 18 at 3:21 PM
    We had a composite door fitted a month ago with 2 glazed 300mm wide panels either side,by a company which had great online reviews and used rehau fram profiles which also had great reviews.
    After the door was fitted problems began to arise.
    Firstly the door is 100mm smaller than agreed in the contract leading to the door not being the width of the hallway,this does not really bother us.
    Main problem is the damage to the frames of the side panels.both panels have deep grazes in them plus actual chips/dents exposing the white plastic under the grey foil covering,one has a crack where the frame meets the glass with a piece approx size of half a 50p piece almost falling out.
    Footage of my cctv revealed the plastic protective covering was missing from the damaged areas and the fitter caused the crack by striking the frame with mallet held sideways hitting it with the metal handle.
    After 4 weeks of being told problem will be sorted,sending in pics multiple times and not receiving promised call backs we have no decided we are being fobbed off.
    Are we being too fussy expecting new window frames to be unmarked and undamaged or does this happen often and the solution is to colour the damage in with a grey paint touch up pen they sent out to me??
    Last edited by cjb1971; 13-05-2018 at 3:39 PM.
Page 1
    • cjb1971
    • By cjb1971 13th May 18, 3:38 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cjb1971
    • 13th May 18, 3:38 PM
    • 13th May 18, 3:38 PM

Last edited by cjb1971; 13-05-2018 at 3:47 PM.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 13th May 18, 3:49 PM
    • 2,815 Posts
    • 1,958 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 13th May 18, 3:49 PM
    • 13th May 18, 3:49 PM
    No you're not being too fussy. They should be as good as new, being new.

Where are you with payment? If you haven't paid yet my view would that, as they've been unhelpful so far, you want the right size door & frame fitted as per contract. If you've paid then it gets more complicated.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • cjb1971
    • By cjb1971 13th May 18, 4:21 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cjb1971
    • 13th May 18, 4:21 PM
    • 13th May 18, 4:21 PM
    Have allready paid, the larger size involved removing the gallows supports for the canopy over the front door and replacing with slimline ones so i guess this smaller size made fitting a lot easier for them,not that bothered about the size but if it does go as far as small claims courr then im guessing that is breach of contract and could help getting the frame replaced if i say ill accept the smaller door size.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,210Posts Today

7,164Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin