Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kateyb
    • By Kateyb 12th May 18, 5:05 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kateyb
    I want my money back!
    • 12th May 18, 5:05 PM
    I want my money back! 12th May 18 at 5:05 PM
    I ordered a wardrobe in Jan this year for delivery end of Feb. After numerous delays from the company it finally arrived on May 3 but arrived with 3 damaged front boards, the incorrect sliding rail and a missing cornice.
    The company has been a nightmare and became aggressive on the telephone when I said enough is enough I want to cancel the order and get refunded. I have since tried to go through my credit card company to get the return but they have just told me that I have to allow the company 3 weeks to sort the issues?
    Is this correct? I thought that as what has been delivered is faulty and not fit for purchase am I not able to request an immediate refund?
Page 1
    • Kateyb
    • By Kateyb 12th May 18, 5:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kateyb
    • 12th May 18, 5:08 PM
    • 12th May 18, 5:08 PM
    Sorry - not fit for purpose!
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 12th May 18, 5:25 PM
    • 13,004 Posts
    • 10,313 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 12th May 18, 5:25 PM
    • 12th May 18, 5:25 PM
    No its not correct. Tell your card company that you are claiming under section 75 of the consumer credit act which makes them (the card company/bank) jointly & severally liable. Meaning you can choose whether to chase the retailer, the bank or both. You do not even need to approach the retailer at all - never mind give them 3 weeks.

If they tell you the 3 week thing again, ask them to put that in writing so you can complain to the financial ombudsman.

ETA: Just to address your last question, you have 30 days starting the day after delivery to reject goods that don't conform to contract.
    Last edited by unholyangel; 12-05-2018 at 5:28 PM.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • Kateyb
    • By Kateyb 12th May 18, 5:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kateyb
    • 12th May 18, 5:50 PM
    • 12th May 18, 5:50 PM
    Thank you, very helpful
    • Kateyb
    • By Kateyb 14th May 18, 9:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kateyb
    • 14th May 18, 9:20 PM
    • 14th May 18, 9:20 PM
    I have spoken again to my cc company today - M&S (HSBC) - they are now telling me that I have to provide them with an independent experts report to prove that the wardrobe is damaged, that the company cannot provide the exact item I ordered etc etc - somewhat thrown by all this. I asked to speak to a manager and was told to expect a call tomorrow morning. Im not sure what an independent expert can say about 16 boxes sitting in my dining room. I have photos of the damaged pieces and the rest of it ie no cornice around wardrobe and the rail being incorrect are all down to lack of info on the retailers website making it totally impossible for a consumer to know exactly what they are ordering and the retailer giving incorrect advice over the phone (obviously no proof of this).
    Where do I go to when the credit card company are making this as equally difficult as the retailer??
    Thank you for any help or advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

363Posts Today

3,508Users online

Martin's Twitter