Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 3:33 PM
    • 4,195Posts
    • 13,399Thanks
    dontone
    The once a year Guilty Pleasure thread - IT'S EUROVISION NIGHT!!
    • 12th May 18, 3:33 PM
    The once a year Guilty Pleasure thread - IT'S EUROVISION NIGHT!! 12th May 18 at 3:33 PM
    I'm surprised that there isn't a Eurovision Song Contest thread popped up already on here, so I thought I'd start one.
    I've already stocked up on 'pop' and crisps, etc.
    Norton will be on mute, and Ken Bruce will be talking through my headphones.
    Anyway, I don't care who wins (think Israel has a good shout though), 'cos we don't have a snowball's of winning. But it will be interesting to see who in Europe still hasn't forgiven us for voting out, and who still hates us for just about everything else.
    See you all in a couple of hours
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
Page 22
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 11:16 PM
    • 4,195 Posts
    • 13,399 Thanks
    dontone
    Italy & France on the 'to visit ' list.
    Nice one.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• Jesthar
    • By Jesthar 12th May 18, 11:17 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Jesthar
    I was getting something of a 'Logan's Run' vibe ...
    Originally posted by Callie22
    Yeah, or other shows from that era (Buck Rogers especially) all evening.
    Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek...
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 11:17 PM
    • 4,195 Posts
    • 13,399 Thanks
    dontone
    Australia can jog on
    That is all!!

• Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th May 18, 11:18 PM
    • 10,642 Posts
    • 20,157 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Ooooh I have 20k thanks!
    I would like to thank the weirdos of Eurovision for this amazing feat...
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English dissertation- Complete! Now the waiting starts...
    Strictly 2018 Go Mr R! #teamLee
    Miss you JV and TW
    Sponsor and season ticket holder for 2018/2019!
    Elle
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 12th May 18, 11:18 PM
    • 3,178 Posts
    • 8,704 Thanks
    Callie22
    Very much enjoying this pictoral tour of the anonymous shopping malls of Europe.
    • Jesthar
    • By Jesthar 12th May 18, 11:19 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Jesthar
    We do have to bear in mind that the Musical Juries make their decisions based on the final dress rehearsal, not the live show, so things may have gone differently there...
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 12th May 18, 11:20 PM
    • 3,178 Posts
    • 8,704 Thanks
    Callie22
    Oh, I'm so torn. I hated Sweden's song but if we go back there next year we might get Petra presenting again, and I kinda have a bit of a crush on her
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 12th May 18, 11:22 PM
    • 18,245 Posts
    • 113,265 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    We do have to bear in mind that the Musical Juries make their decisions based on the final dress rehearsal, not the live show, so things may have gone differently there...
    Originally posted by Jesthar
    I was there last night. Trust me when I say that other than nobody rushing the stage, there was not much different.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th May 18, 11:22 PM
    • 10,642 Posts
    • 20,157 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Greece giving 12 points to Cyprus *yawn*
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English dissertation- Complete! Now the waiting starts...
    Miss you JV and TW
    Elle
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 11:24 PM
    • 4,195 Posts
    • 13,399 Thanks
    dontone
    Montenegro on the list. Thankyou.

Nowt from Germany - what a surprise.........not!!

• balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 12th May 18, 11:25 PM
    • 16,089 Posts
    • 41,069 Thanks
    balletshoes
    i'm not liking the booing from the audience, Serbia didn't deserve it earlier and the woman from Russia didn't either (they started booing long before she declared the 12 points for Moldova ).
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 12th May 18, 11:26 PM
    • 18,245 Posts
    • 113,265 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    I've always rather liked Israel.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 12th May 18, 11:27 PM
    • 3,178 Posts
    • 8,704 Thanks
    Callie22
    Have Austria suddenly discovered oil reserves or something? I don't understand this voting from 'musical experts' at all ...
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th May 18, 11:27 PM
    • 10,642 Posts
    • 20,157 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Thank you Israel
    Miss you JV and TW
    Elle
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 11:27 PM
    • 4,195 Posts
    • 13,399 Thanks
    dontone
    I've always rather liked Israel.
    Originally posted by vivatifosi
    Me too

• Jesthar
    • By Jesthar 12th May 18, 11:27 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Jesthar
    OK, we LIKE Israel
    • Jesthar
    • By Jesthar 12th May 18, 11:29 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Jesthar
    Have Austria suddenly discovered oil reserves or something? I don't understand this voting from 'musical experts' at all ...
    I want to know how so many have voted for Israel too!
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 12th May 18, 11:29 PM
    • 16,089 Posts
    • 41,069 Thanks
    balletshoes
    I'm really not getting this from the "expert" judges - Austria was meh and Sweden were poop.
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 12th May 18, 11:30 PM
    • 18,245 Posts
    • 113,265 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    I don't know that it will be the same after the public vote though. But it's still a better song than the one we sent, and we rejected it.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 12th May 18, 11:30 PM
    • 3,178 Posts
    • 8,704 Thanks
    Callie22
    I want to know how so many have voted for Israel too!
    Originally posted by Jesthar
    Ahh but that was so bonkers you just knew it was going to do well
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,892Posts Today

8,216Users online

Martin's Twitter