Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 3:33 PM
    • 4,160Posts
    • 13,256Thanks
    dontone
    The once a year Guilty Pleasure thread - IT'S EUROVISION NIGHT!!
    • 12th May 18, 3:33 PM
    The once a year Guilty Pleasure thread - IT'S EUROVISION NIGHT!! 12th May 18 at 3:33 PM
    I'm surprised that there isn't a Eurovision Song Contest thread popped up already on here, so I thought I'd start one.
    I've already stocked up on 'pop' and crisps, etc.
    Norton will be on mute, and Ken Bruce will be talking through my headphones.
    Anyway, I don't care who wins (think Israel has a good shout though), 'cos we don't have a snowball's of winning. But it will be interesting to see who in Europe still hasn't forgiven us for voting out, and who still hates us for just about everything else.
    See you all in a couple of hours
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
Page 19
    • Jesthar
    • By Jesthar 12th May 18, 10:25 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Jesthar
    nope, not doing interval act, I'll be back in about 15 minutes
    Originally posted by balletshoes
    Apparently there is 40 minutes voting time this year...

Just found a great quote about the staging this year after the organisers decided to get rid of the LED screens in a failed attempt to try and return the focus to the songs rather than the presentation (resulting insttead in the huge number of props, tricks and flames we've seen) - "In some instances we have Cirque du Soleil-level artistry. In other instances, it's just a circus."
    Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek...
    • Topcat123
    • By Topcat123 12th May 18, 10:26 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    Topcat123
    Used the 1/2 hour interval to do a number 2, made it back with 5 mins to spare.
    • Topcat123
    • By Topcat123 12th May 18, 10:30 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    Topcat123
    looks to be cyprus v isreal for top spot ( with Cyprus wining imo), Germany 3rd, UK v Ireland for 4th spot
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 12th May 18, 10:32 PM
    • 18,165 Posts
    • 112,746 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    Apparently the Aussie commentator on live morning TV called the protester a c0ckhead. #eurovisionfirsts
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th May 18, 10:32 PM
    • 10,612 Posts
    • 20,123 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    What even is this
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Weight lost so far- 3 stone 3lb
    I Am Green And White Miss you JV and TW!
    Elle
    • MidlandsGlory
    • By MidlandsGlory 12th May 18, 10:32 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 1,769 Thanks
    MidlandsGlory
    'For the Nazis of the UK media, we demand freedom.'

What the hell does that mean? total, moronic prat!
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 12th May 18, 10:36 PM
    • 18,165 Posts
    • 112,746 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    'For the Nazis of the UK media, we demand freedom.'

What the hell does that mean? total, moronic prat!
    Originally posted by MidlandsGlory
    Telegraph reporting he is some jerk trying to sell his book and that he's done it before at the National TV awards.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
    • MidlandsGlory
    • By MidlandsGlory 12th May 18, 10:39 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 1,769 Thanks
    MidlandsGlory
    Telegraph reporting he is some jerk trying to sell his book and that he's done it before at the National TV awards.
    Originally posted by vivatifosi
    OK, I assumed it was a momentum activist, as Labour have tried unsuccessfully to gag the media recently with a bill.
    • robin58
    • By robin58 12th May 18, 10:43 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 2,895 Thanks
    robin58
    Originally posted by vivatifosi
    Heard his in police custody.

Hopefully they will stop him throwing himself against the walls and falling hard to the floor.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • Jesthar
    • By Jesthar 12th May 18, 10:45 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Jesthar
    Last years winner got so bored in the middle of his interval song he shoved his head inside the piano and started banging on the frame in an effort to make the lid collapse on him and put us all out of his misery. Or at least, that's all I can suppose he was trying to do
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th May 18, 10:48 PM
    • 10,612 Posts
    • 20,123 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Just get on with it now...!!!
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English 75% complete Going back for round 2! BSc (Hons) Combined STEM 2018- Bring it on!
    Elle
    • vivatifosi
    • By vivatifosi 12th May 18, 10:49 PM
    • 18,165 Posts
    • 112,746 Thanks
    vivatifosi
    More on the protestor:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6273411/eurovision-2018-stage-invader-dr-acactivism-surie-uk/
    • barbiedoll
    • By barbiedoll 12th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 4,898 Posts
    • 13,445 Thanks
    barbiedoll
    Am late to the party this year, got sidetracked by the Millennium Falcon on Hollywood Boulevard, and a snarky FB post featuring pictures from Russian dating sites (donít ask)

Canít watch Eurovision tonight so am keeping up to speed on Twitter. Forgot about this thread, hope youíve all been enjoying/enduring the show!!
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
    • robin58
    • By robin58 12th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 2,895 Thanks
    robin58
    Forget waterboarding or torture.

Make a terrorist sit through the whole of this including the voting at he end.

I guarantee they would spill the beans within 3 hours of watching this!
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th May 18, 10:54 PM
    • 10,612 Posts
    • 20,123 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Ohhhh here it comes!
    Elle
    • barbiedoll
    • By barbiedoll 12th May 18, 10:54 PM
    • 4,898 Posts
    • 13,445 Thanks
    barbiedoll
    Forget waterboarding or torture.

Make a terrorist sit through the whole of this including the voting at he end.

I guarantee they would spill the beans within 3 hours of watching this!
    Originally posted by robin58
    A whole 3 hours?
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
    • Jesthar
    • By Jesthar 12th May 18, 10:54 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 1,596 Thanks
    Jesthar
    Just had a friend describe Israel's performance as "Dawn French doing Bjork"
    • dontone
    • By dontone 12th May 18, 10:55 PM
    • 4,160 Posts
    • 13,256 Thanks
    dontone
    Are we ready???
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 12th May 18, 10:56 PM
    • 10,612 Posts
    • 20,123 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    That was a surprise! ...
    Elle
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 12th May 18, 10:56 PM
    • 3,138 Posts
    • 8,576 Thanks
    Callie22
    lots of middle-of-the boards including Austria, UK, Netherlands, Australia, France, Denmark, Moldova (for the cheese factor).

I will be here for the voting, ooh the suspense is killing me .
    Originally posted by balletshoes
    I really liked the Vikings OH liked Albania, and I always have a soft spot for Moldova as they're usually bonkers. Thought the opera singer was a bit Fifth Element although that was one heck of a frock.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,537Posts Today

6,896Users online

Martin's Twitter