Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gabriele82
    • By Gabriele82 12th May 18, 2:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gabriele82
    Right choice insurance broker declared bankrupt. Any help?
    • 12th May 18, 2:21 PM
    Right choice insurance broker declared bankrupt. Any help? 12th May 18 at 2:21 PM
    I started a policy with them last year as it was my first car. Even tho was a very cheap second hand car the insurance was 1300 and some pence. It was the cheapest and I took it. After 1 Year with no claim the insurance dropped to 600 and something which it was great for me. So I paid something a bit more then 100 for a deposit and 10 monthly payment of 50 something. In March they sent me an email saying that they are not renewing or accept any new policies as they were shut down and nothing would changed till the end of my policy. I thought oh well I'll go with somebody else. Few days ago they sent me another mail saying that they went bankrupt and we will be transfer to another insurer and I don't have to do nothing. And is written also
    "Subject to you not making any changes to your cover the premium you pay will remain unchanged for the remaining time on your policy (the original renewal date), the excess is exactly the same and you will still earn any no claims bonus (NCB) that you would have earned"
    This morning someone from right choice phoned me and said that instead of waiting 2 weeks , if I transfer myself now my insurance will only go up to 77 pounds at month as the new deposit needs to be paid. I asked why and he was answering with other questions if I had accidents or others regarding my policy. At the end I got tired and I said I don't want to be transferred and I stay with you for the next 2 weeks and he said ok have a good day.

I don't really understand about insurance but any of you found themselves in the same situation? If I change insurance and find myself another insurer will I loose the deposit I paid with them at the beginning of my renewal?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated
Page 1
    • Morph4610
    • By Morph4610 14th May 18, 10:49 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Morph4610
    • 14th May 18, 10:49 AM
    • 14th May 18, 10:49 AM
    Hi Gabriel, think this could be to do with with Alpha Insurance, a Danish company, who went bankrupt last week. Right Choice is a broker who sounds like placed business with Alpha. Looks like they found you a new insurer and deal in replacement. It seems Alpha also insured lots of black cabs judging by this article
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44057527
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,749Posts Today

7,655Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin