Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Misteeq
    • By Misteeq 12th May 18, 12:29 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Misteeq
    Kingfisher Claims Management Ltd
    • 12th May 18, 12:29 PM
    Kingfisher Claims Management Ltd 12th May 18 at 12:29 PM
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had a call from this company who are based in London?

Someone called me today to advise that they have been fighting a PPI claim on my behalf since 2015 and have now won me 18,444.00 on PPI that was missold on a Halifax mortgage in 2005.

Now I don't remember signing anything - but I did have a mortgage with Halifax in 2005.

He sent me a breakdown by email on how this was calculated - but I'm pretty sure it's not true!

He said that in order to release the funds to me I just need to pay a solicitor fee of 560.00!

Anyone else had dealings with them?
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 94,477 Posts
    • 62,413 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th May 18, 12:35 PM
    • 12th May 18, 12:35 PM
    He said that in order to release the funds to me I just need to pay a solicitor fee of 560.00!
    Advance fee fraud. Entice someones greed with a large payoff and tell them to get it they have to pay a small amount.

1) Halifax would only initiate a complaint upon your instruction.
    2) Halifax would write to you to acknowledge the complaint, provide updates and an outcome
    3) The figure seems way too high for an MPPI. Typically MPPI was around 6 per hundred pounds of mortgage payment. So, a 400pm mortgage would be about 24pm. Multiply that by 10 years of premiums and you have 2880. Did you even have MPPI?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Misteeq
    • By Misteeq 12th May 18, 1:08 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Misteeq
    • 12th May 18, 1:08 PM
    • 12th May 18, 1:08 PM
    I have no idea if I had MPPI - but the mortgage was interest only?

These companies should not be allowed to trade - as although I'm not daft enough to send them a cheque, I am sure many people will.

Always trust your gut instinct-if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is!
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th May 18, 1:24 PM
    • 94,477 Posts
    • 62,413 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th May 18, 1:24 PM
    • 12th May 18, 1:24 PM
    I have no idea if I had MPPI - but the mortgage was interest only?
    Interest only has nothing to do with it. Halifax's plan in 2005 (as it had been for many years) was called the Total Mortgage Protection Plan or TMPP for short. It had its own direct debit and was not built into the mortgage. So, it would have been a totally separate payment.

These companies should not be allowed to trade - as although I'm not daft enough to send them a cheque, I am sure many people will.
    That is how advance free fraud works. There are enough greedy and stupid people out there to fall for it.

Kingfisher Claims Management Ltd only set up in November 2017 and only became regulated by the ministry of justice on 23rd March 2018.

BTW, your mortgage details are in the public domain. CMCs often go trawling land registry for secured loan details. It allows them to appear like they know about you when they tell you who your mortgage/secured loan is and when you did it. It lulls people into a false sense of security and makes them easier to scam.

You should report them. Look at the bottom of the following link and a CMR complaints form:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/claims-management-regulator#guidance-for-consumers
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,124Posts Today

8,574Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin