Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • THB
    • By THB 12th May 18, 11:44 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    THB
    Lloyd’s closed my account for no reason
    • 12th May 18, 11:44 AM
    Lloyd’s closed my account for no reason 12th May 18 at 11:44 AM
    I recently lost my card while out, but didn’t report it lost as I knew I had no money in the account, and none was going in. Someone used my card to go Ł277 overdrawn at a petrol station, which clearly wasn’t me as I’m 16 so can’t even have a car. I went into the bank to sort it and the fraud team gave me a refund. He said if anything like this happens again my account will be closed. Ive not used the account since that happened yet I have just received a letter stating my account will be closed in 60 days? Does anyone know what to do and why they’ve closed my account, I start a new job Monday?
Page 2
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 12th May 18, 4:42 PM
    • 9,313 Posts
    • 14,360 Thanks
    worried jim
    Does an under 19 account have contactless?
    (I don't think so) so transactions must have been done using a PIN - so the question to be asked is - was the PIN with the card? Did the OP lend the card to anybody or previously handed the card and PIN to somebody to buy something?
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    Clearly this. Dodgy af.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 12th May 18, 4:56 PM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    TheShape
    Does an under 19 account have contactless?
    (I don't think so) so transactions must have been done using a PIN - so the question to be asked is - was the PIN with the card? Did the OP lend the card to anybody or previously handed the card and PIN to somebody to buy something?
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    The Lloyds site states the debit card does come with contactless.

https://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/all-accounts/under-19s-account.asp
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,099Posts Today

7,242Users online

Martin's Twitter