Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eccleston
    • By Eccleston 12th May 18, 10:16 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Eccleston
    PCN appeal rejected despite having a ticket - help pls
    • 12th May 18, 10:16 AM
    PCN appeal rejected despite having a ticket - help pls 12th May 18 at 10:16 AM
    Hello,

Hopefully someone can provide me with some good advice please.

A ticket company 'Key Parking Solutions' issued me with a ticket in March on the basis of not having a ticket. I did (still have) a valid ticket for all day parking and I suspect it was blown off the dashboard when I shut the door, I assume this as they issued me a ticket and during the appeal process I sway many pictures of the car. Anyhow I followed the appeal process with evidence of my ticket and remarked that they issued me a notice for not having a ticket, however I do have one so I expect the issue to go away. They then rejected the appeal on the basis of the ticket not being properly displayed (changing the basis of the 'charge notice'), following this I exchanged a few emails with them and they ceased responding after I asked them to confirm the land owners. I have since ignored this situation as it is frankly daylight robbery and I understand like most normal people that tickets are an acceptable response if you are trying to park without paying your way. However I do have a ticket and these people are trying to charge me 20 times ticket face value :-(... Now I have received a letter from ZZPS demanding 170, they have taken over the ticket claim and per their letter the ticket was issued based on a parking event of 'no ticket'. Of course I can prove all day long that I did have a ticket. Any advice on what I should do, of course I don't want this issue to manifest and for me to result in paying high court costs etc (although happy to go to court if confident of a win), I also don't want to waste lots of time on this pointless exercise if I can avoid it, I also don't want to be legally robbed by a bunch of bandits... Any fact based advice would be really appreciated - thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th May 18, 10:22 AM
    • 37,319 Posts
    • 21,490 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th May 18, 10:22 AM
    • 12th May 18, 10:22 AM
    Did you follow up your appeal with a popla appeal after its rejection?

If so then see #4 in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum for advice on how to deal with debt collectors

Ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence

They have 6 years to start legal action against you

If it comes to that come back for advice on how to defend this at that time
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 12th May 18, 12:23 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 3,484 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 12th May 18, 12:23 PM
    • 12th May 18, 12:23 PM
    " Any fact based advice would be really appreciated - thanks" all the facts you need can be found in the newbies thread , and forum searches

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

it is easy to miss if you browse by phone ... we recommend a PC/laptop ...

and please watch/read what MP's think of all thiss ...

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Ralph
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th May 18, 1:24 AM
    • 61,626 Posts
    • 74,533 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th May 18, 1:24 AM
    • 13th May 18, 1:24 AM
    Any advice on what I should do, of course I don't want this issue to manifest and for me to result in paying high court costs etc (although happy to go to court if confident of a win),
    No high costs and we are always confident of a win. In 2017, out of hundreds of posters who were fully coached with defences through to hearings, only TWO people lost/

Guess what happened to them? Nothing, nowt bad; they just paid 150-200. No CCJ.

Until they try court or send a LBC with reply forms for a 'debt claim', ignore the eejits. Key Parking solutions are not a big player, I wouldn't expect you to need a new outfit/suit for any hearing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,672Posts Today

7,604Users online

Martin's Twitter