Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Comp81
    • By Comp81 12th May 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Comp81
    Elite Management Midlands Ltd - Rising Charges - Help!
    • 12th May 18, 9:41 AM
    Elite Management Midlands Ltd - Rising Charges - Help! 12th May 18 at 9:41 AM
    I really hope someone can help as my parking fine has now gone up to 170 because ZZPS (the debt collectors) are adding admin charges, and I don't know where I stand or what to do.

Here is the timeline of events:-

1. March 6th 2018: The alleged offence took place.
    2. April 9th: The first communication I received of this was received via post. No PCN was on my vehicle on March 6th.
    3. April 10th: I responded to the first communication via email to customerservices@ipaymypcn.net and the DVLA.
    4. April 18th: An email was sent to me to access the photographic evidence on which actually had the PCN on my car.
    5. April 19th: I made an appeal via the website and email.
    6. April 25th: I received an email from customerservices@zzps.co.uk stating a breach of the terms and conditions of the car park. The sign makes no mention of "obstructive parking", which the parking enforcement company is stating is the alleged offence.
    7. May 11th: I received an email from ZZPS stating this account will continue to run its course before progressing to the client's solicitors, which obviously scared me with the mention of "solicitors".
    8. May 11th: When I arrived home from work I received a letter from ZZPS stating the fine had now increased to 170, which includes an additional 70 admin charge.

I completely disagree with why I am being fined in the first place. My fine is for "obstructive parking" and there is no mention of this on the actual signage near to where I parked.

However, why I am posting in the forum is that I am willing to pay them 60 to draw a line under this, which is what I would have done had I actually been given the opportunity in the first place.

I have tried ringing Elite Management Midlands Ltd on the number on their website so I can pay over the phone but they their system does not recognise the PCN number.

I really don't know where I stand with this, can anyone help?

Many thanks
Page 2
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th May 18, 12:02 PM
    • 9,309 Posts
    • 9,589 Thanks
    KeithP
    PPC = Private Parking Company.

This and many other abbreviations used here are explained in post #5 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th May 18, 3:37 PM
    • 61,761 Posts
    • 74,679 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    My fine is for "obstructive parking" and there is no mention of this on the actual signage near to where I parked.
    It's not a fine and it sounds like you told them who parked the car...oh dear.

Never mind, we win these at court (only 2 people lost last year & had to pay).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,192Posts Today

9,764Users online

Martin's Twitter